03.02.2010 Version 1600.20100114.8T
New Power Set: Dual Pistols
We are pleased to introduce the first of the highly anticipated Going Rogue initiatives, Dual Pistols. Players who prepurchase the Going Rogue expansion will gain access to Dual Pistols with this release.
What differentiates Dual Pistols from the Assault Rifle power set is the ability to modify every attack's secondary damage and the effect that has on your target. 70% of damage dealt by most attacks is lethal, the other 30% is modifiable from pure damage to cold, toxic, or fire. This versatility comes at the cost of slightly weaker secondary effects when compared to other power sets. In short, Dual Pistols is a set that can adapt to most situations by bringing a wide variety of debuffs and damage types.
The Dual Pistols Power Set is composed of the following powers:
- Dual Wield
- Empty Clips
- Swap Ammo
- Bullet Rain
- Suppressive Fire
- Executioner's Shot
- Piercing Rounds
- Hail of Bullets
- Custom Critters: Rewards for Mastermind Boss Pets used as custom critters have been reduced.
- Fixed a bug that caused some Hold powers to trigger Disorient animations on the target, allowing the target to walk around while held. Fix includes Char, Cinder, Block of Ice, Strangler, Fossilize, and Freezing Touch
- Fixed animation used by Nemesis Staff and Blackwand in Shield Combat mode
- Fixed minor sound issue with jumping while using the Ninja Run power.
- Fixed an issue with Walk where Increase Slow IO set bonuses were affecting walking speed
- Invulnerability (all ATs) - Invincibility: restored some missing/incorrect FX
- Mystic Fortune: The buffs granted by this power should no longer allow stacking under any circumstances.
- Fixed an issue that caused windup animations (like Snipe powers) to loop while flying.
- Fixed animation issue with resting while in Shield Combat mode while Ninja Run is active
- Fixed issue that caused some falling animations to loop when in Shield Combat mode
- Fixed jittering flight/hover animations with Shield mode
- Natural Super Booster pack costume change emotes should now play if in a weapon combat mode.
- Redcaps should no longer spontaneously play their spawn animations when hit with powers such as Chain Induction.
- Walk and Ninja Run animations now properly interruptable by sliding animations.
- Coralax Minion Costume should now be compatible with Ninja Run.
- Invulnerability sets - updated FX for Invincibility
- Custom Color Palette was not defined for Martial Arts - Eagle's Claw
- Fixed an issue with Custom Animations for Super Strength and Martial Arts that would prevent them from playing while in Shield Combat mode.
- Fixed a bug that would cause Numina's Convalescence: +Regen/+Recovery to have its effects boosted by being slotted in a power with enhancements that would increase regeneration or recovery rates.
- Bug fix for Early Bird badge status getting lost from some players.
- The Vanguard Katana can now be purchased for use with the Dual Blades and Broadsword power sets.
- The Vanguard Broadsword can now be purchased for use with the Dual Blades power set.
- The Vanguard Dual Blades can now be purchased for use with the Broadsword power set.
CITY OF HEROES
- Manticore Task Force: Fixed a bug that sometimes caused level 40 Paragon Protector Elites to spawn, even though the TF caps at level 35.
CITY OF VILLAINS
- Fixed some minor animation issues with Crab Spider backpacks/arms when walking or swimming.