Field Agent Keith Nance
|Field Agent Keith Nance|
Superpowered Activities Monitoring Field Agent
|Coordinates||(-1456, 160, 6639)|
|Introduces||Special Agent Jenni Adair|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Introductions
- 3 Store
- 4 Story Arc
- 4.1 Twisted Reflections (20-29)
- 4.1.1 Part One: Government Boy
- 4.1.2 Part Two: Just a Misunderstanding
- 4.1.3 Part Three: A Brand New Me
- 4.1.4 Part Four: My Mirror Life
- 4.1 Twisted Reflections (20-29)
- 5 Missions
Contact Introduced By
- None. He will be automatically unlocked for heroes at level 20.
I can tell you what you need to know about Agent Adair.
Agent Adair is my superior who believes that all these events prove a theory she has. She has requested that you speak with her to continue with this investigation.
Field Agent Keith Nance works for S.A.M., a supposed branch of the FBSA responsible for monitoring superpowered activities throughout the nation. It's a very rare thing to see one of these agents in the field; usually it means they're performing some type of high level investigation.
Too Low Level
Missing Too Low Level Dialogue
Field Agent Keith Nance has been seen in Talos Island...
A government agent by the name of Keith Nance has been overheard questioning your whereabouts in and around Talos Island. If the government has involved themselves, this could turn out to be a hot issue. You may want to find him before he finds you.
This contact has now been added to the active tab of your Contact window.
, good to see you're deciding to come along quietly. Just wait here and we'll have our boys from S.A.M. down here in just a moment to arrest you. I'm surprised, however, that you opted to-
- Hold on, arrest me?
- Don't be coy, . All those people you killed in Arizona? What about over near the Great Lakes?
- You've done too many horrific things to just be let off the hook. What I still don't get is, why Paragon?
- You've been using the city to cover up your schemes around the country, making people focus on the good you do here, while you go out and commit all these crimes everywhere else.
- But now, you've got the gall to try to do these things in this city? Do you think you can get away with it?
- I haven't -done- anything. You've got the wrong person.
- Agent Nance's phone rings. You see the caller is 'JENNI ADAIR' on his phone. He steps away from you to whisper into the phone, his eyes beneath his glasses keeping a close watch on you. After a few moments, he hangs up the phone, his mouth twitching in irritation.
- So, you say you haven't done anything I just mentioned?
- I don't believe you, but one of my superiors does. She wants me to request your help in this investigation, regarding the other you. Or so she says.
- I'll help you, but you need to level with me about what's going on.
- I suppose it can't hurt. I'm either telling you information you already know, or revealing the truth to you.
- Just so you know, I doubt it's the latter. My superior may believe you, but it's only because she wants to prove one of her theories.
- We've had reports that you have been spreading chaos in various parts of the United States. When you haven't been attacking parts of the nation, you've been here, 'saving the day' as it were. We haven't received any reports of both events happening at the same time, but now you're here, talking with me. While my superior says you're also at the Faultline Dam.
- Hrm. Give me a moment to prepare, then we'll handle this.
- Try to arrest me, I dare you.
- Not surprised, . I figured you wouldn't come quietly. I've got agents that I can call to swarm this area within five minutes.
- Do you really want to cause a scene here, in this part of Talos? Or did you come talk to me precisely to do that?
- Call the agents, I'm ready for a fight.
- Agent Nance's phone rings. You see the caller is 'JENNI ADAIR' on his phone. He steps away from you to whisper into the phone, his eyes beneath his glasses keep a close watch on you. After a few moments, he hangs up the phone, his mouth twitching in irritation.
- I've been told to back down, . But don't think I'm going to forget what almost happened here.
- My superiors tell me that we've got movement by you in Faultline. And I've been told to 'request' your aid in the investigation.
- Tell me what's going on, and maybe I'll help. Maybe.
- I'll be back when I'm good and ready to help you.
- Let's get moving, .
This is very serious business,, and S.A.M. needs your total cooperation. Finish your other duties before offering your services to the nation.
No More Missions
Your work here is done,. If you haven't already reported to Special Agent Adair, it would really be in everyone's best interests that you did so ASAP.
- Field Agent Keith Nance does not sell Inspirations or Enhancements.
Twisted Reflections (20-29)
You received this earpiece from Agent Nance as a 'memento' of working together, though you're fairly sure he wants to try to spy on you with it. Regardless, it reminds you of an adventure you call...
It all started when a man named Keith Nance accused you of being a murderous villain. You tried to prove your innocence to him, only to be interrupted by news that you were attacking the Faultline Dam. Despite not trusting you, Nance agreed to work together with you to get to the bottom of this. You went to the Faultline Dam and saved the Dam - and a Wyvern agent - from the Freakshow. However, your evil double was not there. Nance called in to you, saying that your double was spotted by Agent G. It also seemed that Nance was starting to trust you...somewhat.
You spoke with Agent G, who pointed you towards an Arachnos base within Faultline. You arrived to find the base engulfed in flames! Your other self had been through here, though for what reason you did not know. You hacked an Arachnos computer to discover that the base was being used as a monitoring station by Arachnos. Shortly afterwards, you were attacked - by your mirror! You defeated them only to realize that this couldn't have been the evil you. Nance informed you that the evil you just tried to attack Mirror Spirit. The version of yourself that was defeated was taken into S.A.M. custody while you went to speak with Mirror Spirit.
Mirror Spirit knew at once that you were not the evil clone and told you where your evil self went. You traveled through the sewers of Faultline and fought your evil self. However, much like yourself, your evil double was connected to a medi-port system!
You received help from Nance and Citadel to track down where your evil double went, though Nance informed you that your other double escaped S.A.M. custody. You busted into your evil double's base to discover your good double there. The two of you split up - you went after your evil self, while your double went to save Agent Jenni Adair, who had been kidnapped. You fought and defeated your evil self, but could not ask it any questions. Moments after being defeated, your evil self died, most likely from some internal device.
You returned to Keith, who thanked you for your help, but noted that the investigation wasn't over yet, not when you discovered your clone was working for someone else. While you were able to clear your good name, this would only be the beginning of your work with the S.A.M....
Part One: Government Boy
Now that we have that out of the way, it's time to get down to business. You've already been... briefed on the situation. 'You' have been sighted in Faultline, causing chaos. Specifically, it appears that you've captured the Faultline Dam with a group of Freakshow.
What we need you to do is get to that dam and save it from... yourself.
We've got a Wyvern agent in there who can debrief you on the situation. If you're really on our side, of course.
If not, well, then we'll know when we find the agent's dead body.
- Funny, Nance. I'll get to the dam and put and end to this.
Take this earpiece. It will allow me to talk to you while you're away. It also gives me a small view of the area you're in.
If you're not who you really say you are, I'll know right away - and I'll be ready.
, I still need you to get that agent for me. Unless you're planning on revealing that this was all an elaborate ploy?
The Freakshow have taken over this part of the dam. Time to take it back.
- Stabilize the situation at the Faultline Dam
- Find the Wyvern Agent
- 3 bombs to disarm
- Take down Gnarler, your double's henchman
It looks like the person pretending to be you managed to get away while you were defusing those bombs. You may not know the true identity of your double, but you were able to prevent the dam from being destroyed.
You should contact Agent G to see if he knows what's going on here.
NOTE: Upon entry, most enemy spawns will be friendly. They will become hostile when Gunmetal is defeated.
- Gunmetal (Freakshow Bosses)
- Gnarler (Freakshow Tank Smasher)
- Subdued Wyvern Agent (Non-Escort Hostage)
Part Two: Just a Misunderstanding
Speak with Agent G
Maybe I was wrong about you being evil,. I'm not taking any chances though.
- Speak with Agent G
Agent G's information will help you find the clone - now you need to make sure you don't let them get away!
Go to the Arachnos Base
Your double went into an Arachnos base? Hrm...we hadn't ruled out that they/you were working with Arachnos.
You enter the Arachnos base to be greeted by a pillar of smoke. Someone got here before you and destroyed the place!
You'll have to locate a working computer to see why your evil double did this and where he/she may have went!
- Go to the Arachnos Base
- Hack a computer to see what your double was after!
- Track down your double!
Your evil double wasn't in the Arachnos base, though who exactly you just defeated is up for debate. If Mirror Spirit was attacked by you, it means the evil you is still out there!
|You hacked the Arachnos computer to discover the base was a monitoring station for Arachnos. The last bit of data you were able to recover detailed some sort of hidden 5th Column base within the Isles, though it seems your evil mirror destroyed the base before more information could be recovered.|
Part Three: A Brand New Me
Visit Mirror Spirit
This is getting out of control,. We'll make sure to keep your other double around for questioning.
- Visit Mirror Spirit
Mirror Spirit was able to direct you to where you need to go - now to find your double!
. No need to explain yourself.
I know that this is the real you.
I was able to sense something different within you from...the you that attacked me. This is all quite...odd.
I shall do whatever I can to help you, though sadly I cannot accompany you to chase after your double. I have some matters in Faultline that I need to look after.
- Which way did my double go after it attacked you?
- Your double fled to the nearby sewers - the ones that run from Faultline to Talos, I believe.
- I was able to slow your evil self down, but he/she may already be out of the sewers in Talos by now.
- Not if I have anything to say about it. Thank you, Mirror Spirit.
Chase Your Evil Double into the Sewers!
We've got your other double in questioning now, how many of you are there exactly?
You can hear the sound of Freakshow laughing in the sewers. It seems your evil double left behind something to keep you busy.
- Chase Your Evil Double into the Sewers!
- Defeat your evil mirror!
- Get out of the sewers and into Talos
Your evil double teleported away!
- Your Evil Mirror (Doppelgangers)
Part Four: My Mirror Life
Speak with Keith about your Evil Double
It's best for us to speak in person,.
- Speak with Keith about your Evil Double
Keith's suggestion is logical enough - Citadel should be able to give you some assistance with the current situation.
We've got bad news all around,.
Your double found out that your evil double escaped. He/She promptly broke out of our custody and is now tracking down your evil self.
We don't know exactly where your double is...but I believe I know someone who can help us out.
- What's the plan? I know my double is somehow involved with the 5th Column...
- Yes, exactly.
- Your clone mentioned using a medi-porter. This must have been one made by the 5th Column.
- I suggest you go to Citadel for help. It has had a lot of experience with the 5th Column, and its expertise with technology should be able to help us out.
- I'm on it.
Speak to Citadel to track your Evil Double
I'll let you know if we track your double down,.
- Speak to Citadel to track your Evil Double
You've got the location of your double - now to finish this!
, good to see you. I've heard some...disturbing rumors going around that you had become a villain and were terrorizing the city. I hope this is not true. I can assume it's not...unless you are here to request that I arrest you.
- The rumors are false, Citadel. I can explain later, but I need your help.
- What do you need my help with, exactly?
- My evil double used a 5th Column medi-porter to-
- Your evil double?
- I don't have time to explain. Can you track a 5th Column medi-porter?
- Yes...let me see...
- ...there's some movement here. One medi-porter was used recently - an old one. Here's the location of the base.
- I would get there as soon as you can. The 5th's medi-porter technology is very faulty. If your... evil double did use this, he/she won't be able to use it again for a few hours.
- Thanks, Citadel.
Defeat your evil double
Defeat your evil double.
So this where your double has been working out of. Even though they managed to bring this base back to full operation, you'll see to it they cause no more harm... and clear your name completely!
- Defeat your evil double
- Find your Mirror Self
- Speak with your Mirror Self
- Defeat your evil doppelganger!
You were able to defeat your evil double! Hopefully your good double was able to save Keith's superior.
, good to see you.
Your other self arrived in time to help save my superior - Jenni Adair. Your double is now awaiting further orders from us.
I saw everything that happened in that base with your evil double. Agent Adair has told me that this proves her theory correct...which means this case is in her hands now.
You'd do well to speak with her to finish this.
The Fairest Badge is awarded upon completion of this mission.
| The Fairest|
Keith nance does not offer any missions outside his story arc.