|Coordinates||(-1100, 160, 7459)|
|Badges||Citadel's Assistant Badge|
Heroes find him:
- on the Agree to Mender Silos' mission mission during the Mender Silos Task Force as an Elite Boss and an Ally (Levels 46-50).
Villains face him:
- on the Steal synthetics from Citadel mission from Dr. Forrester as an Elite Boss and an Enemy (Levels 40-44)
- on the Kidnap Dr. Murphy mission from Ghost Widow as an Enemy (Levels 45-50)
- on the Capture last scientist for Operation: DESTINY mission from Ghost Widow as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50)
- on the Destroy Statesman and Freedom Phalanx mission during the Lord Recluse Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 45-50)
- on the Assault Siren's Call mission during the Mender Silos Strike Force as a Hero and an Enemy (Levels 46-50).
Originally named Bastion, Citadel was the very first android hero. In the initial Rikti onslaught, he took heavy damage, and was almost completely destroyed. With Positron's help, scientists at DATA created a second version of Citadel using the old model's original memory core and the remnants of a power suit, once worn by the hero Horatio. Crey Industries did the original work on Bastion but Positron removed their security controls to allow the android hero access to his free will. He now works on Talos Island issuing Task Force missions and consulting DATA on development of all AI-based robots. Citadel does not fully understand human ways, but he is a valiant defender of Paragon City.
Citadel was named Bastion before DATA gave him a substantial upgrade to his systems enhancing his capabilities. In honor of his new abilities, he renamed himself "Citadel".
Citadel's sidekick is Luminary although she has become a full-fledged hero in her own right as a member of the Vindicators. Luminary has more advanced systems but doesn't have the experience of Citadel so he keeps a watchful eye over her.
- Previously, Citadel was named Bastion. The name was changed because of Marvel's complaint that the devs had gotten the name from their Bastion, who was introduced in 1996.
- Citadel's Praetorian Earth counterpart is Siege.
- Citadel first appeared in Top Cow's City of Heroes #4.