Architect Entertainment Buildings
- 1 Overview
- 2 The AE Building
- 3 Locations
- 4 Named NPCs in the AE Building
Architect Entertainment Buildings are where all the magic happens: they contain the Mission Architect, the means by which players can create their own stories and experience others' stories through Architect Entertainment Stations. There are currently 18 AE Buildings throughout Paragon City and the Rogue Isles.
The AE Building
Unlike other building interiors which are really located under the map (because the inside rooms tend to be larger than the building it's located in), the rooms of the Architect Entertainment building are really in the building. You can look out the window and see the zone you're in.
If each four square set of windowpanes is counted as a 'floor' of the building, then there are 18 floors to the AE Building:
- Floors 1-2 = Ground Floor Lobby
- Floors 3-4 = not used
- Floor 5 = Hospital
- Floors 6-9 = not used
- Floor 10 = Studio B (a third of the entire floor)
- Floor 11 = windowless buffer, not used
- Floor 12-17 = Main Studio Loft
- Floor 18 = windowless buffer, not used
One of the doors on the roof goes to the ground floor lobby.
The doors off of the Main Studio lead to the twelfth story balcony -- watch your step! In fact, if you're outside the building and have a MA mission selected, the navigation waypoint will point to the balcony door.
Ground Floor Lobby
There is an Architect Entertainment Greeter NPC with general information about using the Mission Architect.
The Main Studio is a six story loft that houses the main components of the Mission Architect.
Architect Entertainment Station
Architect Entertainment Stations allow the player to open up the Mission Architect interface by clicking on them.
However, you don't actually have to be right next to a Station to pull up the MA interface. If you're in any room with a MA console (such as the Main Studio or Studio B), then typing /architect will pull up the interface.
A handy macro or bind can be made to pull up the Mission Architect window without having to type it every time:
- /macro AE architect
More macro suggestions can be found at the /architect page.
The Mission Engineer Badge allows the player character to call up the MA interface anywhere, even outside the AE Building, as well as unlocking a special AE macro icon (instead of the gray button) and /emote MATablet.
There are three Hologram Contacts with which you interact before and after each mission. They can be programed by a Mission Architect author to look like almost any contact imaginable, from NPCs, to objects, to customized critters.
Behind the Hologram Contacts is a very large green and glowing cylinder of light called the Data Stream. You enter the Data Stream to go on all MA missions whether they're published or simply being tested. The Data Stream acts like a mission door, just click to enter.
Overlooking the Stations and Holograms is the Ticket Vendor who will sell salvage, inspirations, enhancements, recipes, unlockable accessories for MA authors and even a badge. The Ticket Vendor also holds the tickets for a player that were earned from others running and rating their missions until the player claims them.
The Inspiration Vendor is conveniently located by the hospital door.
Architect Entertainment Instructor
The Architect Entertainment Instructor has instructions and tips for authors creating missions and players playing them.
Architect Studio Manager
Thrill Seeker Badge
The Thrill Seeker Badge is located in the same spot in every AE Building, between and just off to the side of the hologram contacts and AE stations.
Studio B is a quiet zone where all powers are suppressed so that authors may create in peace. Studio B has a Architect Entertainment Instructor but no Data Stream. To test or run a mission, a player must go back to the Main Studio and use the Data Stream there.
The entrance to Studio B is from the Main Studio loft. From the Architect Entertainment Stations, walk around to the left of the Data Stream and you'll see a door on the structure behind the Data Stream.
Architect Entertainment Buildings show up on the minimap as an AE icon. On the pull down menu on your mini-map, one can enable or disable the AE icon.
- Atlas Park: Coordinates (-576, 229, -640)
- Kings Row: Coordinates (-896, 187, 194)
- Steel Canyon: Coordinates (-3329, 145, -1857)
- Skyway City: Coordinates (1344, 103, -2429)
- Faultline: Coordinates (193, 229, -1149)
- Independence Port: Coordinates (-1857, 229, -7038)
- Talos Island: Coordinates (-2238, 389, 6658)
- Brickstown: Coordinates (194, 229, 1026)
- Founders' Falls: Coordinates (2946, 229, 2944)
- Peregrine Island: Coordinates (466, 229, -2453)
- Mercy Island: Coordinates (-2367, 468, 578)
- Port Oakes: Coordinates (-188, 293, -1344)
- Cap au Diable: Coordinates (131, 364, 129)
- Sharkhead Isle: Coordinates (-1531, 229, -640)
- Nerva Archipelago: Coordinates (1766, 245, 7598)
- St. Martial: Coordinates (-1840, 229, -167)
Named NPCs in the AE Building
Named NPCs come and go in and about the AE building:
- Blast Furnace sits in the hospital of the Peregrine Island building.
- Leoknight is in Peregrine Island building, on the balcony instructing generic NPCs about the Mission Architect.
- Electroshock is lounging around the Founders' Falls building.
- Spinnerette was at the Croatoa building, which was removed in Open Beta.
- Stalwart chills on the couch and Agent Caspian are in the Talos Island lobby.
- Agent Caspian is sometimes found giving advice on creating arcs to patrons in the main studio of the Talos Island building.
- Holo Man is in the first floor lobby of the Talos Island building, complaining about how Architect Entertainment copied all of their holographic technology from him.
- Stalwart is sometimes found on a couch along with No Mind in the Talos Island hospital.
- Doc Quantum and Rosethorn sit and talk to each other on the couches in the Brickstown lobby, while Iron Widow is in the Main Lobby talking to a patron asking, "Do you know anyone who makes missions for hire? Mine never come out right."
- Agent X has been seen in the main area of the Founders Falls AE building.
- Bad Penny and Comrade are seen in the lobby of the St. Martial building. Also Wretch and Pyra are seen lounging in Studio B.
- Pyra, Martial Gloom and Blood Thorn are in the main studio of the Mercy Island building, and Blood Thorn is also chatting with Icecap in the hospital.
- Mangle can sometimes be found speaking with a patron in the main lobby of the Nerva Archipelago building. She states that there are AE buildings in almost every island of the Rogue Isles except for Grandville. Apparently Lord Recluse doesn't like Architect Entertainment very much.