The Blaster is an offensive juggernaut. This hero can deal a ton of damage from either a distance or up-close, but he must be careful because he's somewhat fragile compared to other heroes. The Blaster can't stand toe to toe with most opponents for long. His best defense is a great offense!
The Blaster's power sets are:
The Blaster has Low Hit Points and High Damage.
Primary Power Sets
A Blaster's primary power sets are designed specifically for ranged attacks. They are:
Secondary Power Sets
A Blaster's secondary power sets are designed for support via melee attacks, minor crowd control powers, or temporary self-buffs. They are:
- Electricity Manipulation
- Energy Manipulation
- Fire Manipulation
- Ice Manipulation
- Mental Manipulation
Ancillary Power Pools
- Cold Mastery, Flame Mastery, Force Mastery, and Munitions Mastery were added to the game in Issue 3.
- Archery, Sonic Attack and Electrical Mastery were added to the game in Issue 5.
- Psychic Blast and Mental Manipulation were proliferated for Blasters in Issue 12.
- Summary and Analysis of Blaster Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Heroes site
- Official City of Heroes Manual as a zipped PDF file