The man known as Doctor Thaddeus Aeon AQSA (Arachnos Quantum Structure Association) is without a doubt the most brilliant scientist in the Rogue Isles and probably one of the most brilliant minds of the whole planet. A metahuman genius able to work on literally hundreds of projects at the same time, he is responsible for the creation of inventions such as the NutriPaste and the Power Transference System.
Apparently, he is also the creator of the mysterious structure of unknown purpose in Grandville known as "The Web". Head of the Aeon Corporation based in Cap au Diable, as well as the governor of Cap au Diable itself, he has under his command other scientists of talent such as Dr. Forrester and Dr. Geist... who are almost as crazy as Aeon himself.
Aeon is also known for having developed the Rogue Isles University. Aeon University offers revolutionary courses in 'Transdimensional Shift Phasing', 'Demolitions for a Better Tomorrow', 'Cloning and You and You', and 'Power Sources: Risk vs. Reward'.
Doctor Aeon is also the founder of Architect Entertainment, a company that brought with it the Mission Architect, through which citizens of Paragon City and the Rogue Isles can create and experience untold multitudes of virtual realities.
His less virtuous activities include the killing of an indeterminate number of citizens of the Rogue Isles in his futile attempts to create superpowers, being among the victims the Thermopolis, parents of the young heroine Pyriss. Dr. Aeon is also involved in the creation of the superpowered villain known as King Midas, whose Goldbrickers have been plaguing Cap au Diable for some time now. He is also known to have thrown people into the Shadow Shard for no real reason other than his mind tells him to.
His enemies include the fanatical Luddites from Cap Au Diable, the Arachnos Marshal for Cap au Diable, Leon Brass, and the mysterious man known as Professor Echo. Recently, the Television became a new adversary after forcing Dr. Aeon into writing a scientific report encouraging everyone to watch more television.
Doctor Aeon is a cowardly man, but he can be a very dangerous if he's found with his combat armor on. That technological jewel allows him to use huge amounts of energy in combat, in melee or at distance, can envelop him in an energy field and can even create copies of himself, which, while not as strong as the original, are still very strong.
Heroes will find him in these missions:
- During the mission Fight back Rikti attacks from Serpent Drummer, as a NPC and an Hostage, for levels 40 - 50.
- During the mission Capture Dr. Aeon, in the Statesman's Task Force, as a speaking NPC only, without any actual interaction, levels 45 - 50.
- During the mission Capture Dr. Aeon (a second time), in the Statesman Task Force, as an Archvillain.
Villains encounter Dr. Aeon in the following missions:
- During the mission Fight back Rikti attacks from Serpent Drummer, as a NPC and a Hostage, for levels 40 - 50.
- The Kidnap Dr. Aeon mission from Black Scorpion for levels 40-44.
- The Make Dr. Aeon write a paper mission from Television for levels 45-50.
- The Beat the truth out of Dr. Aeon mission from Efficiency Expert Pither for levels 45-50.
- The Sabotage Dr. Aeon's research mission from Operative Grillo for levels 45-50.
- The Go through the portal mission from Ghost Widow for levels 45-50.
- The Speak with Operative Grillo mission from Captain Mako for levels 45-50.
- The Speak with Arbiter Daos mission from Captain Mako for levels 45-50.
- The Talk to Arbiter Daos, Catch Dr. Aeon mission from Scirocco or Black Scorpion for levels 45-50.
Praetorians may find him in the following missions:
- The Part Five: Praetoria's Last, Best Hope from Anti-Matter as a Lieutenant and an Enemy, for levels 15-20.
An unethical scientific genius, Dr. Aeon is not a man to be trifled with. Some think he may soon become a major player within Arachnos, assuming he survives the plans of his enemies.
Secret Identity: Thaddeus Aeon
Primary Powers: Energy Blast
Secondary Powers: Energy Melee
Other Powers: Force Field
Signature Powers: Aeon Special, Summon Clones
Aeon Special is the special forcefield power Dr. Aeon uses as an Archvillain from the Statesman's Task Force. While it is up, he is impervious to all damage. Usage of the Power of the Thorn is required to disable the shield temporarily. Summon Clones allows Dr. Aeon to summon many Elite Boss versions of himself from other dimensions. These Aeon clones' powersets are listed on the Arachnos page.
During the mission Fight back Rikti attacks he will be found after being captured by the Rikti, inside the PTS control complex:
During the first Capture Dr. Aeon mission (the second mission in the Statesman Task Force), he is the main objective of the mission:
During the first cutscene, he will show up dressed in scientist clothes and will flee through a nearby portal:
Soon after, once at the other side of the portal, he will laugh at his pursuers in a second cutscene:
During the second Capture Dr. Aeon mission (the fourth mission in the Statesman Task Force), you'll finally engage him in combat: