|Epic Power Pools||8|
The Defender tends to help his allies, and attack his foes, from a distance. The Defender excels at powers that assist friends, but can also hinder his enemies. The Defender is able to attack at quite a range, however, the Defender is not built for hand to hand. He might be able to dodge a few attacks, but the Defender won't last for long.
The Defender's power sets are:
Primary Power Sets
- A Defender's primary power sets are designed specifically for buffing or debuffing. They are:
Secondary Power Sets
- A Defender's secondary power sets are designed for ranged attacks. They are:
* Beam Rifle requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
* Dual Pistols requires VIP status, purchase on the Paragon Market, or purchase of Going Rogue.
* Water Blast requires purchase on the Paragon Market.
Ancillary Power Pools
Patron Power Pools
- Defenders have been in the game since Issue 0, originally as a City of Heroes archetype. Their original primary powersets were Dark Miasma, Empathy, Force Field, Kinetics, Radiation Emission, and Storm Summoning. Their original secondary powersets were Dark Blast, Electrical Blast, Energy Blast, Psychic Blast, and Radiation Blast.
- Dark Mastery, Electricity Mastery, Power Mastery and Psychic Mastery were added to the game in Issue 3.
- Sonic Resonance, Trick Arrow, Archery and Sonic Attack were added to the game in Issue 5.
- Cold Domination and Ice Blast were proliferated to Defenders in Issue 12.
- Assault Rifle and Traps were proliferated to Defenders in Issue 16.
- Dual Pistols was added to the game on March 2, 2010 as an early feature of Going Rogue to those who prepurchased.
- The Patron Power Pools were made available to Defenders in Issue 18.
- Beam Rifle and Time Manipulation were added to the game in Issue 21.
- Thermal Radiation and Fire Blast were proliferated to Defenders in Issue 21.
- Summary and Analysis of Defender Powersets
- Archetypes documentation on official City of Heroes site
- Official City of Heroes Manual as a zipped PDF file