PvP temp powers
A couple of things I'm not sure of at the time of editing.
- Are these powers also available to villains? I'm guessing yes, and for the same amount of infamy.
- The power choices are different on the villains side. Some powers are available to both, and some are unique to one side. This page only shows the heroes ones currently.
- I created a few templates to make creating the boxed entries easier. I just got tired of counting out 17 spaces minus the description text :D
- On the grenades, I'm not sure if the purchase gives 6 grenades (uses) or if you have to purchase it 6 times to get 6 uses. I'll test that after dinner :D
- Many of these are copies of regular temp powers, but have different stats (for the most part). The Arena temp powers (coming soon) also have different stats.
- The web grenade icon has no ring, indicating it's supposed to affect the player, even though it is a single target power.
The descriptions of the DDs will say they can only be used on heroes if they are sold to a villain, and villains if sold to a hero. Since Chilly will not sell to villains and Dram will not sell to heroes, technically, this probably means there are actually 6 new powers, a villains version of each and a heroes version. --StarGeek 13:02, 9 Feb 2006 (CST)
The Hyper Stealth power "How to get" needs to be fleshed out. And, of course, the numerous other temporary powers in the game need to be added. —TonyV
I don't have data on this CoV temp power, but Dev _Castle_ said that those with a Natural origin get a damage bonus. Actually, the full quote is
- Natural heroes get a bonus with the Stolen SMG. Tech folks get bonuses with High Explosives. Blackwand gives bonuses to Magic types. Minor Mutation is more effective for Mutants. The Psionic Activator is more effective if you are a Science origin. - _Castle_
Wheel of Destruction powers
The duration of the Wheel of Destruction powers is not listed in their descriptions. I'll try to find them out, assuming they're timed. Also worth noting is that although the Empowered Shart of the Wheel is listed as "Minor DMG(Fire)," in actual use, the damage seems pretty damn heavy to me. It's more powerful than just about any of my other dark scrapper attacks. Hmmm... --TonyV 19:05, 3 Feb 2006 (CST)
- Every time I've gotten them, they didn't last longer than the mission or hitting the contact (I can't remember which). My current alt didn't finish this arc until he outleveled it (level 28 vs level 24 enemies) just a couple days ago and didn't receive any of the temp powers. On the other hand, the previous time I had this mission, I insisted that my teammates take the powers, and they kept them after the mission was done and I had hit the contact. I think I have 2 alts in this level range, I'll also try and grab it and see what happens. --StarGeek 19:15, 3 Feb 2006 (CST)
- Well, I eyeball-timed it (made a note of when I got them and when they expired), and it seems to be 90 minutes for the offensive powers. As for the resistance power, I haven't used it yet, and it didn't expire after a set time. I'm pretty sure that, like other shielding temporary powers, it probably expires after a certain amount of time actually used. Maybe I'll fire it up and see how long it lasts today. For the record, getting these temporary powers after a mission is one of the most powerful things a hero can get. All three offensive powers do some pretty major damage, and I ran a respec trial after getting them and was able to dispatch +1 and +2 Jumpbot Incinerators really quickly without much trouble. They've got a killer initial damage followed by some pretty serious Damage over Time once all three are kicking in, and the recharge rate on them is phenomenal! If one gets the mission in which he or she can collect these powers, I would highly suggest that one be prepared to take on a really tough challenge with good rewards afterwards. --TonyV 08:51, 4 Feb 2006 (CST)
- Update: Well, scratch what I said about the resistance power. It turns out that the power did go away, and what's worse, I don't know when. I'm guessing after 90 minutes after all. The icon for that power and the Wedding Band power are exactly the same, and I must have been thinking that the Wedding Band power was that power. When I went to test how long I could keep it on is when I found out that I didn't have the power after all. Grrr... --TonyV 20:10, 7 Feb 2006 (CST)
- o.o err... actually you used to have the powers for a day, or till you log out. Sometime around i2 or i3, they made it as it currently is. The powers are actually a bit bugged, and like the TV reactor leak, can stick with you for an hour or two afterwords, depending on how the bug effects you. If you are over the range of the story arc when you do the finnal mission, you won't get the powers at all (you can exempt down into range though). They should go away when return to contact. I'd post the dev's explanantion, but it appears its no longer with us.
- I just ran through this arc and copied my character over to the I7 test. Each of the four powers say that they last 90 minutes of in game time. The powers are lost when you talk to your contacts. I'll have to make another copy to see if it's just in game time or if real time also counts against the time. --StarGeek 21:03, 13 May 2006 (PDT)
Power loss point
It would be nice to note when the powers are lost. Cases I've seen:
- Time in use
- RL time
- Number of uses
- Mission completion
I know Taxibot Mech did not want to turn in a mission because he was afraid he'd lose his divining rod power. (He likes how it looks.)
-- Taxibot Yellow 19:55, 7 Feb 2006 (CST)
- This is already noted under "Duration," and usually within the power description itself as well (though not always, as I found out with the recent Wheel of Destruction powers). If I notice any powers that expire at mission completion, I'll make a note of it. Am I misreading your comment, or is that what you're referring to? Oh, and when are you going to create a user page!? :-) --TonyV 20:08, 7 Feb 2006 (CST)
- There are a few of these that do go away when you return to contact, even though they're supposed to stick around. For example, the Wave Scrambler says 30 uses, but it will disappear when you return to the contact. There are a few others, and, like Taxibot, I have often delayed going to the contact for fear of their loss. I guess it's time to buckle down and start testing . --StarGeek 11:48, 9 Feb 2006 (CST)
Psionic Activator error
Something's wrong in the description of the Psionic Activator power. It says that it confuses the target, but the effect is only listed as stun. I haven't checked out yet which in fact it is. --TonyV 15:51, 19 March 2006 (PST)
Origin Temp Powers
- Moved Origin Temp powers to seperate page.
Removing Brawl index numbers
Appearently, temp powers and accolades scale off their own index, rather than off the brawl damage of the toon using the power. You can test this by getting an EMP Glove in Siren's Call on two different (but same level) characters and shooting the same type of bad guy with it. You'll get the same damage no matter the archetype. I came across this using the Crey pistol accolade and went off to research it. Here's a post by Blueeyed and a chart that has values that brawl would have it there was a brawl temp power.
The upshot of this is that I'm removing the temp power brawl index numbers, since they'll be inaccurate. --StarGeek 16:36, 9 May 2006 (PDT)
Lvl Temp 1 3.600 2 3.978 3 4.385 4 4.821 5 5.289 6 5.788 7 6.319 8 6.883 9 7.480 10 8.111 11 8.775 12 9.473 13 10.204 14 10.968 15 11.764 16 12.590 17 13.447 18 14.331 19 15.241 20 16.176 21 17.133 22 18.110 23 19.103 24 20.111 25 21.128 26 22.153 27 23.181 28 24.209 29 25.232 30 26.247 31 27.249 32 28.234 33 29.197 34 30.135 35 31.042 36 31.915 37 32.749 38 33.540 39 34.284 40 34.978 41 35.617 42 36.199 43 36.720 44 37.177 45 37.569 46 37.893 47 38.147 48 38.330 49 38.441 50 38.552
Temporary Powers That Need to Be Added
Amy's Ward (Katie Hannon)
- Clockwork Immobilizer MkI (Synapse Task Force)
- Clockwork Immobilizer MkII (Synapse Task Force)
- Clockwork Immobilizer MkIII (Synapse Task Force)
- Clockwork Immobilizer MkIV (Synapse Task Force)
Combat Invisibility (Warzone Operative Massey, Hero Contact in Siren's?)
Coral Amulet (Operative Renault - instead of the Coral Hammer?)
Coral Shards (Operative Renault - instead of the Coral Hammer?)
- Unsure what the status of Coral hammer is but the shards & amulet are both definitely given at the end of Leviathan. Each player in the team can/will receive a different power, though I don't know if it's by AT or random. I've altered the Coral Hammer description to indicate it's a possible reward, as well as adding the Coral Shards. --Alex Hopkinson 03:30, 14 August 2006 (PDT)
Cryonite Armor (Barry Gosford, John Strobel, Justin Greene, Oswald Cuthbert, Rondel Jackson, Wilson Eziquerra) (It is in PvP area, but needs to be in main area as well.)
Enhancement of Serafina (From Ice Mistral's Strike Force)
Goldbricker Rocket Pack (Marshal Brass)
Idol of Lughebu (Andrea Mitchell, Cain Royce, Dr. Cheng, Josef Keller, Oliver Hoak, or Piper Irving)
Infected Anti-Serum (Doctor Creed)
Lethargy Inducer (Cho Ge, Karen Parker, Suzanne Bernhard, or Warren Trudeau)
- Longbow Mech temporary power from Recluse's Victory
Manifold Resonator (Ashwin Lannister or Laurie Pennington)
Nemesis Staff (Neal Kendrick or Tina Chung)
Nullifier Gun Mk I (Lt. Demitrovich)
Nullifier Gun Prototype (Lt. Demitrovich)
- Reactor Coolant?
Sky Raider Flight Pack (Lt. Chalmers)
- Soul Crystal (Archmage Tarixus) (Perhaps the soul crystal is an alternative temp power for the mission rather than Soul Essence?)
Stolen SMG (Captain Petrovich, Vince Dubrowski, and also found on Operative Renault's STrike Force)
Separate section for veteran reward powers? :
- Sands of Mu
- Ghost Slaying Axe
Mayhem Mission Temp Powers (Names?)
Jetpack from Atlas Park mission
- Increased movement from Independence Port
- Increased endurance from Talos
Debt Protection from Founders Falls
Regeneration increase from Peregrine Island
Leortha's CoV list Listing out the temp powers that I have on my main villain, then I'll remove those that are already on the page. I have a *lot*, if not all, of the Raid mayhem ones, and most of those need to be added.
Wave Scrambler (Raid?) (New CoV source)
- Demon Box (Hardcase?)
- Cryoprojection Bracers (Raid?)
Tear Gas (Raid)
- Med Kit (Raid) (New source)
- Smoke Bomb (raid?)
Long Bow (raid)
Stealth Suit (Raid)
Rikti Rifle (Ambassador Kuhr'Rect)
Rikti Drone (Ambassador Kuhr'Rect)
- Web Grenade (Raid?)
Arachnos Power Shield
- Tranquilizer Dart (Vernon von Grun)
- Vial of Bees (Vernon von Grun)
Creeper Seed (Vernon von Grun)
- Force of the Earth (Vernon von Grun)
Regeneration Increase (PI Mayhem)
I'm not sure if you want to combine the lists or not, but Here is a list of Temp powers that I've gotten. They are all from raids during Mayhem Missions in Brickstown. Vial of Bees and Demon box sound pretty neat. - Snorii 11:47, 28 August 2006 (PDT)
- Merge them, if you want. I'm not too posessive of them. Just wanted to get them out here. Vial of Bees, Demon Box, and Creeper Seeds are all summon abilities, summoning Swarms, Wailers, and DE Bladegrass type monsters. I also specifically collect temp powers that can pop out guns or other weapons to show off. Long Bow, Flamethrower, Rikti Rifle, Shotgun, Arachnos Shotgun, and Tranquilizer Dark are all of this type.
For Tranquilizer Dart, the icon is similar to this one , except the normal temp power grey, and the four points around for it being a single target effect. - Sister Leortha 15:26, 28 August 2006 (PDT)
- I think I found it. Temporary_TargetedDeBuffAttackAndRunSpeed.png will be the file name. I'll get it up in a minute. The fun part will be figuring out what file is duplicated. --StarGeek 11:16, 29 August 2006 (PDT)
Temp Power Icons
I changed two of the Mayhem Mission Temp Power icons. (Two used the same icon which is a bug, but I digress.)
The ones that were there:
I see black pixels around the circle of the power. Just a minor thing, but I changed them to the following.
Cheers, - Snorii 10:38, 29 August 2006 (PDT)
Resonance Disrupter or Disruptor
Idol of Lughebu
It seems the Idol has got changed at some point. The one listed here says 24 hours of gameplay, while the one I have (and just added to Dr. Cheng) says 3 real days.
Which one of the two is the most recent, please? Mine was taken back in Feb 2005, so I suposse that's the older of the two, but one never knows...
--Yakovlev 07:48, 10 September 2006 (PDT)
- It appears that quite a few powers have changed. They're now on in-game timers, rather than real-life timers. For example, sands of Mu used to last 3 days of real time, now it's 24 hours of in game time. -- StarGeekTalk page 13:04, 2 October 2006 (PDT)
Mayhem Mission power list
Here's a post by iakona from a few months ago about what powers will appear in a Mayhem mission. As with all things pigg, the code exists for them, but they may not actually appear in the game.
In the present Open Beta version of i11, most if not all the story arc temps are available via the Flashback system. The Devs might nerf this or get rid of it entirely, but if not:
1. Some sort of visual indication of which powers are gettable through Flashback would be really nice.
2. This page will get a lot more hits. --Colonel Jasmine 09:34, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- Sounds like a definite cause for redoing the page. I'm on it. --GuyPerfect 11:34, 2 November 2007 (EDT)
- Done. I trusted the patch notes and forum posts for the data, so please consider it 100% unverified -- check my work, please, if you can! --Rigel Kent 19:53, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
couple new versions of powers gotten in a mission are listed in this thread and could use updating. o,o if no one else gets to it, I will eventually sometime next week.. --Sleepy Kitty 06:29, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
- Also, the Convention costume code temps should get a mention. Weatherby Goode 09:55, 24 November 2008 (UTC)
- Ah, thanks for pointing em out. I didn't realize they weren't Temps. Weatherby Goode 16:32, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
Holy Shotgun Shells
This temp power no longer seems to be given out during flashbacks (presumably to encourage people to buy it in the sotre. Could someone else test and confirm before I change it? CmdrAdeon 07:03, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
Dark Astoria Temporary Powers?
Namely, Magical Burst and Blessing of Tielekku. (At this time no wiki page exist for them yet) Where should they go? Have a section of its own, underneath Coop Zone (Currently occupied by only Vanguard Powers), underneath the normal, big list of temporary powers (As those two are obtained from missions), or have a section by themselves? KogasaGaSagasa 07:12, 26 March 2012 (UTC)
- I think we'd probably be safe placing the information underneath the normal list of powers. If it's a better fit somewhere else, at least the information would be available there and could be copy/pasted to its new home prior to removal. --Eabrace 14:53, 26 March 2012 (UTC)