The Moon Zone was a rumored upcoming zone to City of Heroes, City of Villains, or both. It had been suggested several times, and people browsing the game files insisted there is "proof" of such a zone going to be in an upcoming issue. In the final months before the closure of Paragon Studios, devs on the forums confirmed that a Moon Zone was in the early stages of concept art and production.
- The moon base is called "Armstrong Lunar Facility". The space station is the "Gagarin Orbital Platform".
- Armstrong base and Gagarin station are the common nicknames for the two facilities.
- The IOSC (International Outer Space Consortium) is the international space flight organization.
- The above is part of the background for the City Of world.
- A number of players have found the following text inside their files; "texture_library/WORLD/V_COV/Space/Moon_Landscape/MoonDirt_01.texture (piggs/texVWorld.pigg and piggs/texVWorld.pigg)"
- The dam in Faultline is said to have been ruptured by unusual seismic activity on the Moon.
- Several Rikti ships were said to have retreated into space following the aftermath of the Rikti War.
- The Circle of Thorns have made casual references in Faultline to a source of power on the moon.
- The Lost frequently speak of a "change" coming and sometimes reference the damage to the dam as part of it.
- In promotional art for Issue 12, there is a large, central shot of the Moon.
- It is possible to see the moon from Ouroboros.
- Manticore and Sister Psyche had their honeymoon on the Moon.
- The Lore AMA has several questions and answers about the Moon Zone.