Alexis Cole, aka Miss Liberty (not to be confused with her daughter, Ms. Liberty), is the daughter of Marcus Cole (Statesman) and Monica Richter (Maiden Justice). She is a Hero belonging to the Generic Heroes faction.
Villains face her
- on the first mission during the Mender Tesseract Strike Force, back in 1963, as a Hero and an Enemy.
Named for one of the ancient greek Furies which Statesman encountered and befriended on his journey to the Well of the Furies, Alexis grew up around some of the greatest heroes mankind has ever seen. It is no surprise that she grew up to be one herself. Inheriting the sacred girdle from her mother and the superhuman abilities of the gods from her father, Miss Liberty is a force for justice and equality across America.
Miss Liberty inherited the Girdle of Hera from her mother and passed it down to her daughter, Jessica Duncan aka Ms. Liberty, Stateman's sidekick and leader of the Vindicators, who now wears it as the Liberty Belt. She was also given the legendary sword Excalibur by Hero 1 before the Rikti Invasion, which she also passed down to her daughter.
During the first mission of the Mender Tesseract Strike Force:
Thanks to her, President Marchand will be able to escape you... this time.
Once Marchand has escaped, you will have to face her:
At 75% Life: "You've barely scratched me! Whoever sent you should be fired!"
At 50% Life: "Okay, now I'm annoyed!"
At 25% Life: "You got me on a bad day!"
Defeated: "What? This can't be! I'm Miss Liberty!"
Defeats a villain: "You might want to consider a new career, . You sort of stink at this one."
- Miss Liberty's Generic Heroes profile for a list of her powers.
- Miss Liberty is the mother of Megan Duncan, the current Ms. Liberty, the hero trainer in Atlas Park. Because of the similarity of their names, there is often confusion between the two women.
- In the novel Freedom Phalanx Miss Liberty's name is given as Alexis, after one of the Furies.
- The Praetorian counterpart of Miss Liberty was also named the same, and apparently shared the same behaviour and personality as a well-known superheroine. However, her daughter, Dominatrix, eager to be out of the shadow of her mother, killed her.