Admiral Sutter Task Force
|The Sky is Falling|
|Minimum Size||4 players|
|Coordinates||(-1391.5, -20.2, -6062)|
|Badge||Land, Sea & Air Badge|
Imperial Defense Force|
Too Low Level
+++ Missing Information +++
Not Enough People
To form a task force, you need four or more heroes in your group.
You need at least 4 members on your team, all of them at least Level 20. If they are over Level 40, they will be automatically exemplared to Level 40 for the duration of the Task Force.
Not Team Leader
I need to speak to your team leader.
The Sky is Falling
Investigate the Praetorian Rift Signature
The Sky is Falling
Part One: Operation Corsair
, at ease son. What I'm about to tell you is highly classified information. We've detected an energy signature out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Portal Corp has verified our own analysis that the energy signature is indeed a dimensional portal and it is Praetorian. Surveillance satellites and atmospheric craft have been incapable of getting a positive identification of the target site, but we do know that it is moving. I've been assigned by the Joint Chiefs to investigate this rift signature with a detachment from the 11th Fleet. My orders, as they currently stand, are to investigate and identify the rift and eliminate it if possible. I've served this country with distinction and valor for almost 40 years, , and I don't plan on retiring with a stain on my courage. I don't like to lose and sure as hell have no intentions of tucking tail and running in the face of adversity. If the Praetorians have come here looking for a fight, then on my grand daddy's grave I swear to give them one they'll not soon forget.
Great to have you on board. You'll sail with me on the USS Mason. She's an Arleigh-Burke class missile destroyer, just like the other three ships in my little recon fleet. She may not be the largest ship in the Navy, but she is a fighter and can sink anything I've ever seen in the water. Heh, let's just hope that the Praetorians don't know how to fly.
After only 8 hours at sea Admiral Sutter's voice calls everyone to battle stations. The fleet has made contact with the enemy.
- Investigate the Praetorian Rift Signature
- Defend the USS Mason's interior!
- 4 bombs to disable inside the USS Stout, 4 bombs to disable inside the USS Mitscher, Defend the Fleet!, Clear all enemies off of the ships!
- 8 enemy fuel lines to close (optional), Disable Northeast Turret Control, Disable Southeast Turret Control, Disable Northwest Turret Control, Disable Southwest Turret Control, Disable Central Turret Control
- 8 controls to deactivate, Close the Praetorian Rift, Defeat Captain Stone
The voyage back to Paragon City was dominated by frantic radio chatter and worried looks between everyone aboard. As you steam into port word comes that the Praetorians have landed on Talos Island and are sweeping the defenders aside with ease. Things aren't looking good.
- Captain Stone (Archvillain, level 40)
Sounds like the Praetorians have already taken an invasion force toward Paragon City. We're beat to hell out here,. Even if we could get the fleetunderway immideatlyit would mean leaving the Donald Cook behind.
I'm leaving the Mitscher and Stout to handle things here while we're taking the Mason back to Paragon City. Rough seas aside, we should be back there in a few hours, and hopefully in time to stop this damn invasion force of theirs.
- Hopefully it will be in time to stop them.
You won't be alone,. I've alerted the Freedom Corps of the situation. Hopefully Longbow and the PPD will be able to stall their assault long enough for your task force to arrive.
When we arrive back in Independence Port we need to move quick. Time is no longer a luxury we can afford.
Oh, and... good hunting.
Defend Paragon City
The Sky is Falling
Part Two: Operation Boomerang
Operation Corsair is a success, but at a cost. The Praetorian rift portal has been shut down and the Sky Raider floating fortress has been captured, but a sizable number of their Imperial Defense Force is already en route to Paragon City. You won't be able to stop them from starting a fight, but you sure as hell can finish it.
- Defend Paragon City!
- Destroy IDF forces in the tunnel, Help Citadel (optional), Talk to Luminary (optional)
- Defeat Riptide and Harbinger, Track the Praetorians through the sewers
- Find Mission Exit
You navigate your way around several collapsed sewer tunnels until you find your way into a stable cistern that leads up into the heart of Skyway City.
- Angry Bomb (Minion)
- Furious Bomb (Lieutenant)
- Berserker Bomb (Boss)
- Riptide (Archvillain, level 41)
- Harbinger (Archvillain, level 41)
Defend Skyway City
The air is choked with smoke and powdered concrete. You can feel the thrumming pulse of a powerful energy field somewhere in the debris up ahead.
- Defend Skyway City
- Defeat Fusion and Jane Temblor
- Defeat Both Colonel Durays
- Jane Temblor (Archvillain, level 41)
- Fusion (Archvillain, level 41)
- Primal Col. Duray (Archvillain, level 41)
- Praetorian Col. Duray (Archvillain, level 41)
| Land, Sea & Air|