Talk:Statesman Task Force
Destroy web pieces. We got 45 to destroy in our run through this evening. Catwhoorg 18:28, 3 April 2007 (PDT)
- Yeah, it's 45. I forgot to screenshot that mission screen so I was typing the objectives from memory, I took more screenshots on today's run and fixed everything (I think). Leandro 09:09, 4 April 2007 (PDT)
Nice job getting that up, Leandro! I know when I was doing the CoV beta and under the NDA, it was driving me nuts not posting stuff. I would type it all up and preview it, save it in a text file, and then... wait. When they finally lifted the NDA, I was so happy that I could finally paste it all into articles. --TonyV 05:27, 4 April 2007 (PDT)
- Great job! - Snorii 05:54, 4 April 2007 (PDT)
- Thanks. :) I'm lazy though, I only took a gazillion screenshots of stuff and didn't get to typing until yesterday. Leandro 09:09, 4 April 2007 (PDT)
One point I noted after a team wipe (:() was that if there is a repairman up and active at that point he/they will go back to previously cleared towers and rebuild them. Took a while to get into a groove with him. Is the future plan to have a strategies section, akin to the LRSF one ?Catwhoorg 03:48, 5 April 2007 (PDT)
Certainly an interesting reading! My congratulations to whoever bothered to recopy all the info and bring it here for everyone to see! Great work! =D
I suppose those blue squares mark a cutscene? I like this way to present it, I'll start using it at once! =)
--Yakovlev 00:02, 18 April 2007 (PDT)
I've never seen 'boresight' as a name Statesman gives to the groups. Every time I've played it, it's been one of the Server Names (Freedom, Justice, etc.)
- the boresight is a reference to how that particular piece of salvage was in high demand during testing, as there were relatively few lowbies running. Its better than having <taskforce name> in every sopt. Catwhoorg 07:49, 15 May 2007 (EDT)
- Well, current policy is to use the Felderburg 04:59, 4 July 2014 (UTC) template, so I replaced all instances of "Boresight" with that. It is redundant now, in that it says "Task Force Task Force Name", but it seemed like it was just the name that was bolded, not the whole phrase, based on what was there before my edits. So rather than have "Task Force Name" be all the same style, it's the template bolded after "Task Force".
- Blondeshell got it! Thanks Blondeshell! Felderburg 23:34, 4 July 2014 (UTC)
Should it be mentioned somewhere on this article that the reward earnt can be a Synthetic Hamidon Enhancement?
Note about the Arachnos Flyer
The Arachnos Flyer in the final mission of the STF is on a set 20 minute timer, that starts when the first person enters the mission. i.e., Enter mish Flier spawns. 20 minutes later a new flyer spawns, resetting the previous spawn if it's not defeated. 20 minutes after that (40 minutes into the mission) another flier spawns. and So on and so forth.
With the upcoming "Master of" badge, I figure this might be something people would like to know.
Name of actual Task Force
Statesman Task Force
Statesman's Task Force?
Whichever one it really is, the article should be at that name. Sera404 02:38, 14 December 2008 (UTC)
- The naming convention used everywhere else on the Wiki is Contact (Task/Strike) Force. This is the only one I've seen where the article's title is possessive. I'm going to change it to fit the current convention. Draeth Darkstar 23:58, 22 March 2011 (UTC)
cutscene box problems
Please see Capture Dr. Aeon section. Notice the two cutscene boxes? The first one, the text is shunted to the right a bit. How do we fix it? Same goes for the boxes on Lord Recluse Strike Force. :o Sera404 15:06, 29 January 2009 (UTC)
- Looking over the history of the Cutscene template, I think I see where the issue crept in, but the fix doesn't immediately come to me. When the change was made to expand the box across the whole screen (width:100%) the text slid over closer to the center of the box. The wider the text, the further to the left the text slides until it bumps up against the left edge. Since the longest line of text in the second cutscene is wider than the longest line of text in the first cutscene, the first appears to have floated to the right. I checked to see if a simple "text-align: right;" would fix it, but that didn't do the trick. --Eabrace 00:08, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- Fixed! The problem was that it was balancing the widths between both columns. I fixed by specifying a width for the smaller column. -- Sekoia 01:29, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- *facepalm* Why didn't I see that? Good work Sekoia. :) --Eabrace 02:03, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
That's fabulous! However, are those icons the ones used in game? (devs are known for using weird icons, see Mission Transporter's flight icon on a zone teleport power...) Shouldn't they be a little more matching to their powers, like BU for red, regen aura for green, and SB for blue? -- Agge (talk) 17:14, 3 March 2009 (UTC)