So it makes sense for some items to link to an actual item, and that item's page would have more info if needed. But do things like "Character Slot x1" "Character Slot x2" and "Character Slot x5" need their own links? Can't they just link either directly to Character Slot or a page like "Character Slot (Market Item)"? Felderburg 20:58, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- One page per item type, regardless if there are multiple purchasing options in multiple amounts. I suggest the article be simply "Article Name" unless there's something there already, then "Article Name (Paragon Market)" instead. For instance, Character Slot and [[Character Slot (Paragon Market)]]. ~ AGGE talk/cons 21:01, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- But take the Character Slots: [[Character Slot (Paragon Market)]] is going to have little, if anything, other than a redirect or "See Also: Character Slot". So I guess I don't see the point, for items like Character Slot, where the Market item differs in no fundamental way from the "actual" item, to have their own separate Market pages. Felderburg 21:08, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- Unless it's just a place to put the pictures associated with items in the store. Those would probably clutter this page up a bit... Felderburg 21:58, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Paragon Picks: Bundles
I'm glad no one's going to have to keep the featured and sale items up to date, but what about the bundles? Are they also temporary? It was my understanding they were a more permanent feature (then again, the fact that they're in the "picks" section gives weight to the transient argument). Felderburg 21:36, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
- All of the bundles show up in their appropriate category (e.g. the costume bundles are listed in the Costume Sets part of the Costumes section). The Bundles section just gathers up every bundle (which currently is only costumes). ~ AGGE talk/cons 21:54, 21 September 2011 (UTC)
Chad Gulzow-Man of the forums put together an awesome spreadsheet: http://tinyurl.com/CompleteParagonMarketListing Forum post: http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=271665
It has a list of current sale items; I've asked in the thread whether he plans on keeping it up to date. If so, we should ask if we can import the data here or something, because it would be nice to have the sales kept up to date. Felderburg 16:30, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- I linked it in External Links. I don't think we need to have the sales here. If he wants to track that volatile information, that's fine; unfortunately, a lot of volatile information eventually goes stale on PWiki, so I would rather we not even introduce it again. ~ AGGE talk/cons 17:45, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
P.s., nice work to the people that actually are doing the nitty gritty and putting in every item. I put the categories on he page, but I haven't gotten the nerve to actually start putting in lists of items... so kudos to you guys. Felderburg 02:58, 25 September 2011 (UTC)
I've created a pair of templates: PMarket Start and PMarket Row (and they seem to be closed properly by Table End which already exists). I've taken the liberty of updating the table headings. In particular, PMarket Start has an optional parameter for the table width, as you can see at the beginning of this article (previously the TOC would push the first table down). Default is 80% like the one that was copy/pasted all over this article. I didn't update the table rows because I was still working on the currency formatting, and now I've got that. Of note, my template row calculates the USD, Euro, and GBP from the PP, so you only have to enter that one number.
|Item||PP||Date Added||Info||VIP||$ US||€ EU||£ UK|
|Some item||400||Cool item buy nao!||??||$5.00||€3,98||£3.20|
Or an article that uses it extensively: Store-Bought Enhancements
Any objections to using my template for the table rows now that it works? ScottyB 11:13, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- I am putting this here just in case someone actually references this from time to time. The information contained within is somewhat out of date, and covered more thoroughly elsewhere, and thus no longer belongs. ~ AGGE talk/cons 04:36, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
Q: We’ve been told that all VIP players will receive 400 Paragon Points per month as part of their subscription. What exactly does this mean?
- All VIP players will receive 400 Paragon Points per month as part of their VIP subscription. Currently, 400 Paragon Points is equal to $5.00 (USD).
- Zwillinger Clarified that unlike Paragon Reward tokens, the Paragon Points in multi-month subscriptions are awarded monthly. They are not awarded upfront in a large lump sum.
Q: As a current subscriber to City of Heroes, I receive 400 Paragon Points per month starting on July 1st, 2011. What does this mean as we move towards City of Heroes Freedom?
- From July 1st, 2011 until City of Heroes Freedom launch, *ALL* paying customers that have an active billing "day" within the month will receive 400 Paragon Points. (Please note Trial Accounts do not receive this benefit).
- If you renew or start a regular game (non-Trial) account on July 1st, you will receive 400 Paragon Points for the month of July.
- If you renew or start a regular game (non-Trial) account on July 31st, you will receive 400 Paragon Points for the month of July..
- If your Subscription ends on July 2nd, and you choose to NOT reactivate your subscription, you will receive 400 Paragon Points for the month of July when City of Heroes Freedom launches.
- For the months following, as long as you have an active account during that "month" (i.e. August, September, etc), your account will be credited with 400 Paragon Points for each month leading up to City of Heroes Freedom Launch.
Q: So I know that right now, 400 Paragon Points = $5.00 (USD) but what I don’t have an idea of is what exactly 400 Points can buy me.
- As mentioned earlier, 400 Paragon Points is equivalent to $5.00 (US Dollars), and I’ve gone on record that 400 Paragon Points will allow players to buy a lot of "stuff". I’ve listed a smattering of pricing examples below, including the new Signature Stories, that will hopefully give you a better sense of general Paragon Point values. Please note that these prices (and others in our Beta) are currently the *target* prices, and may change prior to City of Heroes Freedom Launch.
Points Dollar Equivalent Item 20 $0.25 Wizard Beard (From the Magic Pack) 40 $0.50 Classic Steampunk Hat (From the Steampunk Pack) 40 $0.50 Pop Dance Emote (From the Party Pack) 60 $0.75 Bioluminescent Chest (From the Mutant Pack) 60 $0.75 Wolf Head (From the Animal Pack) 60 $0.75 Organic Armor Sword (From the Mutant Pack) 80 $1.00 Smoke Bomb Costume Change Emote (From the Martial Arts Pack) 80 $1.00 Wonderful Wind-Up Wings (From the Steampunk Pack) 80 $1.00 Runes Aura (From the Origins Pack) 100 $1.25 Technology Origin Cape (Impervium Mantle) (From Origins Pack) 100 $1.25 Uncommon Recipes 400 $5.00 Complete Magic Costume Set (from the Magic Pack) 400 $5.00 Signature Stories (VIPs get Signature Stories for free) 600 $7.50 Hoverboard Travel Power 800 $10.00 Character Server Transfer Token (VIPs get one transfer free per month) 800 $10.00 Character Respec 800 $10.00 Street Justice Powerset 800 $10.00 Kinetic Melee Powerset 800 $10.00 Costume Slot 1200 $15.00 an ArcheType (e.g., Controller or MM) (VIPs get all ATs for free) 1600 $20.00 5 Character Slot Tokens
Q: So let’s say I want to purchase more points than my monthly VIP allocation of 400. What different ways will I be able to purchase Paragon Points?
To cover both bases, I want to be sure to clarify the two ways players will be able to acquire Paragon Points:
We are exploring additional options for purchasing Paragon Points, and will update you once those plans have been solidified and set in stone.
- The first is through VIP Subscription where VIP customers receive 400 free Paragon Points per month.
- The second is through the in-game Store.
- Points can be purchased in Paragon Point "bundles".
- The smallest bundle size will be $5.00 for 400 Paragon Points.
- If a player buys Paragon Points in larger bundles, additional Bonus Points will be added to the bundle. At this time, the "Bonus Points" for the higher bundle purchases is still being determined.
- There will be several payment options for players, including various credit cards and Paypal.
I disagree with transcluding half of the Paragon Points article into this article. This article is about the Market, not about Paragon Points. We can refer people to that article for information on Paragon Points. If we want to include a table in this article giving a quick-reference to point-versus-money values (in conjunction with removing such data from the tables), I could see the value in that maybe -- but such a table wouldn't look like the one in Paragon Points. The perspective would be completely different, and transcluding PP's table into this article just seems weird. -- Sekoia 04:02, 21 January 2012 (UTC) (In particular, the stuff about the Reward Tokens is completely irrelevant to the Paragon Market article. -- Sekoia 04:03, 21 January 2012 (UTC))
List of Weekly Featured Item Announcements
- 9/13/2011 - Barbarian Costume Set, Rocket Board, Beam Rifle
- 9/20/2011 - Who Will Die?: Episode #1, Volcanic Aura
- 9/27/2011 - Circle of Thorns Costume Set
- 10/04/2011 - Street Justice
- 10/11/2011 - Who Will Die?: Episode #2
- 10/18/2011 - Halloween Costume Set
- 11/08/2011 - Who Will Die?: Episode #3
- 11/15/2011 - German Shepherd
- 11/22/2011 - Pilgrim Hat (Black Friday)
- 11/29/2011 - Gunslinger Costume Set
- 12/06/2011 - Titan Weapons, Who Will Die?: Episode #4
- 12/13/2011 - Mini Snowbeast
- 12/20/2011 - Winter Costume Set
- 12/27/2011 - New Year's Pack
- 1/03/2012 - Flying Carpet
- 1/17/2012 - Who Will Die?: Episode #5, Carnival of Light Costume Set
- 1/24/2012 - Coyote Travel Power
- 1/31/2012 - Roman Costume Set
- 2/07/2012 - Pocket D Costume Set
- 2/14/2012 - Heroes and Villains Super Pack
- 2/21/2012 - Who Will Die?: Episode #6
- 2/28/2012 - Imperial Dynasty Costume Set
- 3/06/2012 - Flying Disc Power
- 3/13/2012 - Leprechaun
- 3/20/2012 - Beast Mastery
- 3/27/2012 - Who Will Die?: Episode #7
- 4/01/2012 - (April Fool's Day)
- 4/03/2012 - Lion Pet
- 4/17/2012 - Staff Fighting
- 5/01/2012 - Team Transport Power
- 5/15/2012 - Panther Stealth Power
- 5/25/2012 - (Memorial Day)
- 6/05/2012 - Pandora's Box: Episode #1
- 6/12/2012 - Retro Sci-Fi Costume Set
- 6/26/2012 - Offense Amplifier
- 7/03/2012 - Tri-Corner Hat (Independence Day)
- 7/10/2012 - Water Blast
- 7/24/2012 - Enhancement Increase (#3, #4)
- 8/14/2012 - Imperial Defense Force Transformation Power Pack
- 8/21/2012 - Nature Affinity
- 8/28/2012 - Praetorian Android Transformation Power Pack