- 1 Time to change this article from speculation to fact
- 2 Rename to Mission Architect and update
- 3 Boss costume creation?
- 4 Can only visit maps you've visited?
- 5 Recent addition of new pics
- 6 New details
- 7 Architect Variables
- 8 I *think* I have found an error.
- 9 Can we get an 'Options' section?
- 10 Dev Choice, Guest Authors?
Time to change this article from speculation to fact
A lot in this article is text from before MA hit open beta and was speculation and press release. Now that it's in open beta and probably going live in a week or two, I'll be clearing out the speculation and making this article a top-level destination that one would expect to find for an article entitled "Mission Architect." Zombie Man 04:32, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Rename to Mission Architect and update
Now that it's been announced as "Mission Architect" the 'simulator' stuff should be dropped Webrunner 17:20, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
- Architect does make more sense. You are designing and building a mission like an Architect. Taxibot Sara2.0 17:54, 26 August 2008 (UTC)Taxibot Sara2.0
Boss costume creation?
This was never confirmed by any of the devs. The question of whether or not the bosses' costumes were customizable was presented to Hero 1/Honoree, and he said "maybe". A lot of people are looking forward to customizable bosses, so until we find out for sure, I don't think it's a good idea to get peoples' hopes up for something that may not be possible after all. --17:08, 5 September 2008 Sparx-1
- The customization on bosses was the very reason the release of Mission Architect was pushed back. I'm not sure how much more "confirmation" you need than that. --JakeARoonie 04:47, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
- When that original comment was made back on Sep. 5 details were sketchy at best. We didn't see the announcement that they were going to delay the Mission Architect to allow that functionality for another 20 days. So, at the time, it was speculation. (Signature on original comment just now added.) --Eabrace 13:11, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Can only visit maps you've visited?
Where has this been announced? All I've read is that there will be 'about 1000' maps at launch. Nothing about having to visit them first.
Recent addition of new pics
added the new screenies from the massively.com article to a gallery, though i'll leave it to people with better grammer and a keener eye to edit/add the updated info from the article and the screenies to the page :) Dustified 22:33, 26 February 2009 (UTC)
 - We have a lot of new details to add to this page. Let's get to work, people! :) Namely, boss costume creation has been confirmed (with screenshots too), and I believe either Ex-Libris' post or one of the other Architect pages confirmed that you can also create costumes for every minion, contact, ally, etc. We also have more info on the tickets too (they are not presently being called "skeeball tickets," right now they are just tickets) and how they will be used. --Jakearoonie 17:28, 2 March 2009 (UTC)
There are many variables or "replacement text" you can use in your dialogue in the Architect. You get a partial list by right clicking in the text field. The ones I know about are: $name $archetype $Supergroup $origin $heshe $himher
Should we make a separate list of known architect variables, or mention in in this article?
I *think* I have found an error.
The Rewards section of this page states the following:
"Story Arcs promoted to Dev's Choice or Hall of Fame can offer standard rewards or ticket drops at the players discretion."
I ran a mission in AE recently and found that I was still receiving tickets. I am not a VIP so I am unable to post in AE section of the boards. I did do some googling and based on a couple of archived pages (for example, ) it appears that the wiki page is incorrect. I am replacing the previous quote with:
"Story Arcs promoted to Dev's Choice can offer standard rewards or ticket drops at the players discretion."
If a VIP happens to read this edit then would you mind verifying my change? Just in case there is some type of Premium only shenanigans going on.
--FallenHero 18:12, 27 October 2011 (UTC)
Can we get an 'Options' section?
I mean we seem to have a lot of information on Mission architect, except the actual options with-in it.
Would be nice to have example screen shots and listings of all the parts of a mission a person can edit, including the content of short drop down menus. Like; This is what a typical mission architect mission editor GUI looks like:
Name; the name of the mission (picture)
contact; the contact hologram for the mission (costume file) (picture)
and so on.
--Joshex 05:08, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- I might be missing something here, but most of what your asking for is in that article. While there isn't a shot of the contact menu, there are several of the hologram, the screenshot gallery section also contains many shots of the mission editor Gui and menus. --Sleepykitty (talk) 11:26, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- The pictures there are helpful, but what I mean is to list out the general options presented in the mission editor and give a text description of each accompanied by the pictures we have. As I attempted to illustrate, it would be more of a list of things you can do in the mission editor and some or all of the options in the menus of each.Joshex (talk) 05:41, 15 October 2016 (UTC)
- I remember Codewalker said it was accessible in both Icon and Paragon Chat, and that you could monkey with all mission settings, just couldn't test them. In Icon I believe the window needs to be called with a chat command (I forget what), and as for Paragon Chat, you just walk up and click it. But yeah the actual game server running would be awesome, that goes without saying. Joshex (talk) 16:28, 18 October 2016 (UTC)
- Most of those commands are on the wikipage for pc, or else in the forum. That said, I went and checked, and most of the AE editing window is indeed implemented ingame right now. The contact's window isn't of course since none of the npcs or objects are currently hooked up to the database, so pictures are slightly limited. --Sleepykitty (talk) 07:28, 19 October 2016 (UTC)
Dev Choice, Guest Authors?
I was just watching a video of some people streaming a dev's choice arc, and it occurred to me to check this page for the arc. It looks to me like there's no record of which arcs won dev choice, or of what I would consider a fairly significant event: the professional guest authors brought in to write arcs. Should they be added? Stream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=29&v=BoTSPzJbcWI A guest authors article I found: https://kotaku.com/5378065/city-of-heroes-recruits-heroic-guest-authors Felderburg (talk) 06:35, 21 August 2018 (UTC) Another author list: http://www.mercedeslackey.com/features-city-of-heroes-content/ Felderburg (talk) 22:06, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- I agree that it would be interesting to see a record of professional guest authors of AE arcs. The challenge is that it'll likely be difficult to accumulate a significant list of them at this point. Great find on the video stream, BTW. I've been introducing some WoW players at work to what CoH used to be, and the comments made in the video help reinforce my points. — talk / contribs 00:30, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
- o.o yeah... guess it never occured to us.. there was so much running around at the last min trying to get villain stuff marked down, double checking the info on the issue that never came out and general rush to try and save the game that everyone must have forgotten to record that kinda of thing. Good catch! --Sleepykitty (talk) 02:18, 22 August 2018 (UTC)