I know that characters don't start with 10 slots at the consignment house since last night my 1st level MM went to the Black Market and had 1 slot. I'm pretty sure that it's 2 slots at level 2 but I'll try to find out. Torin23 21:57, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
- You are correct! :) We have the progression over on Leveling Chart but for some reason it wasn't linked to from here. I just fixed it. -- Sekoia 22:33, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Why is Wentworth's called a Consignment "House" and not a Consignment Shop? Consignment goods are brokered at Consignment Shops, auctions take place in Auction Houses. Is it that people who play MMOs are just used to calling the place where players sell goods to other players a "House?" Do the Wentworth's employees refer to it as a "House?" Do people in reality call Consignment Shops "Consignment Houses?" —Preceding unsigned comment added by Lorax (talk • contribs)
- Wentworth employees refer to their place of employment as "Wentworth's Fine Consignments". The villain side equivalent is referred to by its workers as the "Black Market". "Consignment House" is a more general term that includes both Wentworth's Fine Consignments and the Black Market. The term "Consignment House" is used because that's the term the devs gave for it. For example:  So I suppose you'd have to ask a dev to find out why they're called that. :) -- Sekoia 00:11, 15 April 2010 (UTC)
Rename to 'Auction House': thoughts?
I believe a case can be made to rename the page to "Auction House", and slightly revise. I think 'Consignment House' is the name only bacuase the page started before CoV was around?
NCsoft do call it "Auction House: using Article ID 8155: Auction Houses in City of Heroes as a reference:
- "Can you tell me about Wentworth's Consignment Houses, the Black Market and the Trading House?"
- "Heroes or Villains have places to go to buy or sell your character's enhancements, inspirations, recipes, or salvage of any type, plus some temporary powers and costume pieces, too. The auction houses are called Wentworth's Consignment House in Paragon City, The Black Market in the Rogue Isles, or Trading House in Praetoria."
Asking for thoughts on:
- renaming the page, and
- moving gently over time to wiki using 'Auction House' as it's preferred term
- a light revision of this page to reflect this?
Taosin 13:52, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Just want to point out that in no way was it called "Consignment House" because the page started before CoV. The Consignment House was implemented with Issue 9, three full issues after CoV launched. It was called Consignment House because it's not a true auction; it literally is consigning your items. ~ AGGE talk/cons 18:49, 27 June 2012 (UTC)
- Note, I don't care what the page is called, just wanted to clear up possible misinformation. -Agge
- All good, wasn't sure, see "?", how the page came to be, and great to know!
- so a rename keeping a redirect, and a light revision, (and maybe definition, now sure what you meant 37), is all that is needed? Taosin 04:21, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- I agree that it's a good idea to rename it. In addition to the link you cite, we have an /auctionhouse slash command, which is granted in a Paragon Rewards slot named Remote Auction that apparently references it as "auction house". It does seem like a better article title. -- Sekoia 09:45, 28 June 2012 (UTC)
- Qusetion: if renamed to Auction House, will the almost 1000 or so pages that link to this page will be hitting a redirect? Err, do we hire a bot to go fix those? Taosin 01:41, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- It might be easier than you think... Look for templates that redirect here. :) — Talk · Cont 02:57, 29 June 2012 (UTC)
- I can sic SekoiaBot on it to cover a lot of them. Just drop a note on my talk page to let me know it's needed when the time comes. Though Thirty7's right, updating a few templates may well cover the majority of them. -- Sekoia 03:20, 29 June 2012 (UTC)