Category talk:Power Sets
Do you folks suppose there would be merit in using Icon in one way or another to post screenies of the various powers in use in the game for a sort of nostalgia? I know it would be a good deal of work to assemble a gallery of powers FXs (set to default colors) for each and every powerset, but would it even have value to include in the first place? Personally, I think it would be cool to have a way to see some of the significant powers in action for each set... the pets from Control sets, the T9 blast from Blaster primaries, etc. I sometimes forget exactly how things looked or acted since I haven't gotten to play the game... in years (and likely will never be able to again).
Just food for thought. Feel free to move this elsewhere if you feel there is a better spot for it.
- This seems as good a place as any for this discussion. There certainly would be value, although I think the priority for using Icon on the wiki is capturing images for articles in Category:Articles Missing Images.
- I would personally prefer to see any powers captured as gifs, like the emotes, since so many of them really rely on the animation for awesome. Or perhaps a link to video hosted somewhere.
- The biggest issue I see would be actually capturing them - people would have to either modify demos, or get them in the character creation screen, since it's my understanding that using powers properly isn't actually doable in Icon. -- Felderburg 21:24, 26 April 2014 (UTC)
- I, too, think there is merit in documenting screenshots and/or video of individual powers. Ideally, I think, it would be full video with sound rather than simply GIFs, though this would require external hosting because video can't be uploaded to the wiki. Regardless of the finished product, the work would likely have to be done as recorded demo files. The character creator has clear video but everything is shoved over to one side of the screen, and powers can't be activated while actually inside Icon. Did sound get fixed during demo playback for I24? — talk / contribs 03:04, 28 April 2014 (UTC)
- I seem to recall reading that it did. I wonder if there's a way to automate demo generation - it's my understanding that new demos can't be recorded in Icon, since they technically require a server. But editing demos via text is doable - so hopefully there's a way to procedurally generate small(ish) text files, containing a character, a background, and automatically going through and adding the text for each power. Felderburg 20:32, 28 April 2014 (UTC)