Talk:Freedom Phalanx Reserve Member Badge
From Paragon Wiki
Revision as of 13:23, 27 November 2019 by Sleepykitty (...)
I'm not clear on why there is a "villain" "How to get" column. Yes, "Purifier" has a different name, but you can't get this accolade by collecting the sub-badges _at all_ on a villain.
- The villain list is so that villains can keep track of their progress on earning it. Sure, they can't earn it outright, but once they've seen they have all the badges for it, they can do a quick talk to Null the Gull, get it, then flip back. --Sleepykitty (talk) 21:44, 23 November 2019 (UTC)
- There's three problems with that. The first is that the Paragon Wiki documents the game at shutdown; they cannot do a quick talk to Null, because that's a Homecoming-ism. (Personally, I am all in favour of giving up and documenting Homecoming, but that's not the policy here.)
- The second is that the only difference is the name of the Purifier badge... and a Rogue who goes to that location in Skyway will get an exploration badge. Simply documenting that the badge name is different in the explanatory text column would suffice.
- The third is that the Wiki does not consistently do this for badges of this kind. A Rogue who gets an invite to Spelunker (or who had done it before becoming a Rogue) can assemble all the bits for the Atlas Medallion, yet there is no Villain column there. Thunderforce (talk) 00:14, 26 November 2019 (UTC)
- Err... Null isn't from Homecoming, we could do that for well over a year before shutdown. Actually, rather, those aren't problems at all, those where just a basic statement of why it is, not whats wrong with the page. Half the pages in the wiki could use some sort of sprucing if we want to really obsesses about things. The part you have a problem with on this page is from September 2010, about a month after GR came out and it was then possible for villains to get the badge. Thats well before Null came about who made it easy to swap.
- If you're that gung-ho to remove information from pages, I'm not going to stop you, I was literally telling you the why it existed, not if it was the optimal setup.--Sleepykitty (talk) 13:23, 27 November 2019 (UTC)