- a variety of object that allows you to create items (and buffs) out of other items. Most are found within Super Group bases.
- also, a category of Super Group base item. This is used to restrict the number of items placed in a room, and in the base as a whole.
Workshop as a item category
Workshop is one of the categories of functional (as opposed to decorative) base items. Workshop Rooms are designed to hold workshop (and storage) base items. An Oversight Center room will also hold a single workshop.
The usual limits to item placement apply:
- There has to be enough unobstructed space to locate the workshop.
- Each room has a limit to the number of workshop items that may be placed in it.
- Regardless of what the room permits, no more than 6 workshop items may be placed within a base.
Workshop base items
There are three varieties of workshop items:
- the Invention Worktable, which allows you to create Invention Origin Enhancements, as well as particular costume items and temporary powers. They also allow you to convert invention salvage into base components.
- 'standard' worktables, which allow you to convert standard salvage into base component salvage, and allow you to construct various base items out of the base component salvage :
- Empowerment Stations, which allow you to convert base component salvage into short-term buffs.