Arabian Scimitar needs a new picture because it's color tintable now. StormyD 09:55, 16 November 2007 (EST)
This article has been bugging me for a while now. While it is informative and accurate, it is also messy and hard to read. I suggest re-organizing the page into a series of tables, bringing the galleries and text sections together. I've made a mock up here. What does everyone think? Weatherby Goode 18:01, 25 November 2008 (UTC)
The July 15th update to the test server includes 3 new Battle Axes unlocked by defeating 100 Centurians. It has to be confirmed whether it is for defeating 100 centurians or getting the badge for defeating 100 centurians, and someone needs to work on a picture. Dcm510 23:14, 15 July 2008 (UTC)
Romulus Augustus Broadsword?
I found a post today on the forums about a weapon called the "Romulus Augustus" Broad Sword. It seems as though no one has ever heard of this, and the poster said that it is rewarded by killing Romulus Augustus 100 times in the last misison of the ITF. It seems far fetched, but he did post pictures here:  this shouldn't be added until we find out whether this is real or fake, and this may take a while...
Dcm510 15:22, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- ...Unless we're fortunate enough to get confirmation from a dev. *crosses fingers*-Eabrace 15:59, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- You, Eabrace, are correct. After asking Back Alley Brawler, here is the respone I got: "Nope, it's unlockable by Broadsword Scrappers. I don't know what unlocks it though." From player experience, it is definitely available to Broad Sword, and possibly Dual Blades. Confirmation still needed on how to get it...BaB doesnt even know >.< Dcm510 18:28, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- Edited page with the picture found on the forums. Romulus Augustus sword now in Weapon Customization page, but confirmation still needed on how to get it. Dcm510 19:18, 18 June 2008 (UTC)
- In order continue with my research on this sword, I have sent a message to Positron asking if he can release any confirmation on what swords it is available to and how exactly it is earned.
- If anyone has it, could they shoot me a quick demorecord of a toon using it? Under 5 seconds is best. Apocrypha 00:45, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- I have witnessed this first hand and taken screenshots of a bit higher calibur:
- xr8ed is present on Guardian under Atlas' statue at the moment showing the weapon to any who want to see it. The 100 victories over Romulus seems right, but it is far from confirmed. Feel free to use the above screenshorts or derive any useful pic neccessary for this entry. Rast of Guardian 01:38, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- Judging by a couple new posts on the threads about this sword, it sounds as though it is unlocked by just completing the TF. It wasn't rewarded before, so it sounds like it only counts after the latest update. Dcm510 16:31, 19 June 2008 (UTC)
- I can confirm that both the Romulus Broadsword and the Nictus version are for defeating Romulous on two seperate occasions, the taskforce does not need to be completed in order to access these swords merely that you defeat the Nictus infused Romulus atleast once per taskforce (twice in total for access to both versions), both times the Broadsword was awarded on the first defeat of Romulus. I will edit the picture on the main page with a picture taken of the Nictus Broadsword. Luketfer 17:09 GMT
- Has anyone heard anything about the Roman Skins being Brought over to DB users? BS always gets the cool stuff first :( Bloshi
- I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. They've been applying custom weapon proliferation quite liberally as of late. --Eabrace 00:34, 11 July 2008 (UTC)
- Regarding the Romulus/Nictus broadsword, it seems the unlock could be awarded after 5 kills and not just 2 ITF runs. Anyone can confirm this? My BS scrapper is pretty far from the ITF.
I thought I saw a picture on the Boards... - Skarmory The PG 13:19, 19 November 2007 (EST)
- I'm pretty sure Dual Blades does not have a Vanguard Talsorian option at this time. Back Alley Brawler indicated that there's no reason we WOULDN'T see one, they're just not in the game at this time.
--GreyDog 13:41, 19 November 2007 (EST)
As of Issue 12 Dual Talsorian Blades have been added. -->Bloshi<-- 23 May 2008
Crey Pistols are not unlocked by the Infiltrator badge. I have just unlocked the badge tonight and the costume piece did not open for me. Angelsilhouette 09:08, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just off the top of my head (trying to think of other crey-related badges), do you have the Crey Power Tank gladiator badge? --Eabrace 07:46, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Yes, unintentionally picked that one up first. Angelsilhouette 08:35, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Hmm. . . I've gone over the badge lists and can't find anything that jumps out at me as being Crey specific aside from those two. Afraid I'm not going to be much help on this one. Of course, it's also possible that it's not actually an unlockable pistol at all. Personally, I've never seen it on a MM, but that doesn't mean it's not on one out there. Might want to ask on the official forums if anyone's ever unlocked it. --Eabrace 05:24, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
- I got a response from PlayNC support, I'll quote it below:
Response (GM Datum) 07/29/2008 11:06 AM
Thank you for contacting the PlayNC Game Support Team.
The Infiltrator badge will unlock the Crey Laser Rifle and the Crey Pulse Blaster for Robotics Masterminds only. This badge currently does not unlock any weapons for Thugs Masterminds.
Please be sure to let us know if you have any other questions.
The PlayNC Game Support Team
- Angelsilhouette 17:14, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
- The only Crey Pistol I know of is the Accolade Power, unlocked Blueside with Conspiracy Theorist. There's no way I know of the get it Redside, and it doesn't unlock any models.--Petrograd 23:55, 09 October 2008 (UTC)
It's likely worth noting that the pistols section is in bad need of an update the since many additions made to that weapon category in honor of the Dual Pistols set. Draeth Darkstar 10:26, 31 July 2010 (UTC)
Got the Unveiler on my Bots MM, and I got a message saying a crey pulse rifle had been unlocked at the tailor, but when I got to the tailor nothing new was there - still don't have the Crey Pulse Blaster option. So something is bugged with pulse rifles and the Unveiler badge and the Crey Pulse Blaster costume peice. Shelly 17:29, 14 February 2008 (UTC)@Shelly
Crey Pulse Rifles
- The Crey Pulse Rifles are unlocked with the Infiltrator badge. Unfortunately, the only way to earn that badge is by taking down 200 Paragon Protectors. If you don't know anyone with one of the old bugged PP missions, there are only 2 ways to do that now: there is a lv 34 mission given by Timothy Raymond in Nerva Archipelago to stop someone escaping. If you increase the difficulty so the enemies are at least lv 35, it will put 3 Paragon Protectors in the mission for you; more if you have friends. Otherwise you can hunt them in the FAB in Grandville. It may seem a might unfair, but that's the way it goes. Angelsilhouette 18:18, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
More Possible DB Skins
Has anyone seen or heard anything about Thorn or Rikti Dual Blade Skins?
Just curious if they've been added or there's been talk of it down the road at all. -->Bloshi<-- 23 May 2008
Rularuu Weapon Requirements
Can someone verify the requirements for the Rularuu weapons? There should be
five four ways to unlock them:
- Get the Visionary Badge (Heroes and Villains)
Get the Firebase Zulu Security Detail Badge (Heroes only)Confirmed as not rewarding the weapons
- Complete any Shadow Shard task force (Heroes only)
- Complete Technician Naylor's arc "Last Stand on Mole Point Bravo" (Villains only)
- Complete Efficiency Expert Pither's arc "Alone in the Darque" (Villains only)
Apocrypha 00:08, 6 June 2008 (UTC)
- Ok, so BAB confirmed the unlock requirements for the Rularuu weapons, and the list above is correct, with one addition. Scirocco's 2nd arc "The Hammer of the World" also unlocks the weapons. Apocrypha 16:14, 27 June 2008 (UTC)
Unlockable Weapons lists Battle Axe having a Talsorian version. Neither in the text list or image list is there a Talsorian version listed on this page. Can we confirm/deny this? Aggelakis 22:02, 21 July 2008 (UTC)
- I can confirm it. One of my SG mates has it. Apocrypha 19:11, 29 July 2008 (UTC)
Assault Rifle for Soa
The soldiers of Arachnos also use the assault rifle, and can unlock the new models...right? Sadyschick 00:38, 22 August 2008 (UTC)
So, before I edit this page and put the list of shield types up, I figured I should at least ask if people agree they should be here. SpaceNut 19:53, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- Depends on what details we're talking about. If all of the info is available during character creation on the test server, it's OK. Just make sure any information that goes up isn't closed beta only info. NDA and all that. --Eabrace 20:52, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
- Noted. I'll be working solely from the costume creator and from some of BaBs posts on the official forums. I'll also make sure I put the 'future content warning' box on that section. SpaceNut 21:38, 9 October 2008 (UTC)
Separate page for Shields now?
According to the post from BaB on the official forums, there are now 41 varieties of shields. Since there are so many and so many different customizations (base shape + texture + pattern + emblem), I think it would be better to make a new page for Shield Customization that can be broken up more and linked to from this page and from Shield Defense. Support/objections? SpaceNut 15:32, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- +1 -- Aggelakis 15:51, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- ++ -- Baalus Seth 23:35, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
- The page is getting a bit large. I could easily see where we might actually need to break each customizable category into its own subarticle if it gets much bigger. For now, I think breaking the shields off into their own page would probably be prudent. (Especially if we're up to 41 varieties now.) Further, I think the only things we'll probably want to worry about documenting are the base shapes and maybe the textures if they really make a big difference (like with elemental shields). We should probably mention patterns and emblems, but I think we'll end up burying ourselves if we try to keep up with comprehensive lists of all of the possible patterns and emblems. --Eabrace 23:58, 25 October 2008 (UTC)
Ok, with 3 yes votes, I will get started on this tonight. I'm definitely not going to attempt to keep up with all the possible patterns and emblems, but I may upload pictures of the new art specific to shields. I'll see how it lays out once I start writing. -- SpaceNut 00:41, 26 October 2008 (UTC)
Talsorian Lore (prt who knows what)
Apparently, you can emit a monomolecular field in pretty much any pre-determined shape and while it's incredibly strong, it's also very unstable. Technically, when you stab someone with Talsorian claws, the claws are destroyed then almost immediately recreated (20-26mhz pulse frequency). Couple that with monomolecular blades being extremely sharp and there's virtually no resistance from friction or drag (outside of the electromagnetic forces that hold atoms together). The basic principle is similar to what makes a Katana such a fearsome slashing weapon because of the blade being so highly polished. All this makes for a fantastic piercing or slashing weapon, but terrible at delivering blunt force.
There are also issues with projecting multiple fields simultaneously (something that having a flanged type mace would require). You can do two, by reversing the polarity of the induction loop (see the Axe or Bow for examples of this), but more than that is pretty much impossible with a single emitter...and multiple emitters in proximity cause a feedback loop, which can distort the patterns (more about this later).
The shield is a somewhat revolutionary step in the use of this technology. It project a monoloecular matrix--rather than a solid shape) with the positive polarity, then projects a solid field that spans across the empty spaces in the matrix using the negative polarity induction source. Think paper mache(-) over chicken wire(+). This overcomes the issue of the field instantly dissipating on contact as the two fields stagger. The neutral field absorbs the initial impact and dissipates...then the positive field absorbs the remaining impact force and dissipates while the neutral field is reformed, etc etc.
The down side of that is the emitter is a lot more complicated and bulky than your average offensive weapon's emitter. Partially because of the larger size of the fields, but also because the frequency of the field pulses needs to be much higher. It also requires secondary emitters spaced out far enough to avoid the feedback loop with the primary emitter, but close enough distort the field patterns into a hemispherical shape, which aids in deflection. Without further advancement in the emitter technology, trying to utilize the Talsorian fields for a mace would be like trying to pummel someone with a ceiling fan. Amusing? Yes...but hardly effective.
Finally, Talsorian fields have practically no mass...so it would be just as effective to pummel someone with the emitter itself (which also has very limited mass). It would actually be more effective to pummel someone with solid chunk of steel, or even just a good sized stick you found on the ground. An effective Mace is all about mass, not technology.
Otherwise you're just stabbing someone with Talsorian blades and calling it a 'mace'...hardly cricket!
All of this is coming from Vanguard's 'Saving Humanity through Advanced Technology - 2008' brochure, if you'd like to read more about it.
Which weapons can scale with characters size?
I've been wondering if the weapons should be put into a table format to show which can scale with size... because looking at this page, there's zero info on this at all, haha. Sera404 15:50, 17 January 2011 (UTC)
- I was under the impression that ALL non-Legacy weapons will scale dependent upon the size of the character holding them. —Thirty7 05:26, 2 January 2012 (UTC)
I was all set to be contributory and come across with a Beam Rifle section for this page, only to discover that I seem to have lost my ability to get screencaps from the costume editor. Using an out-of-band screencap grabber (like shift+PrtScr or the capture tool in Paint Shop Pro), when in a non-game-engine screen such as the costume tool or ID edit window, just yields a featureless black image. And so much for that plan. Still, it'd be nice if somebody whose tools work could see their way clear to do this. Zgryphon 17:46, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- Done! Incidentally, the snipping tool works well if you're getting black screenshots. ~ AGGE talk/cons 21:48, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Some pictures are of the weapons only, on a blue background. Some are zoomed in on the character creator, and one even shows the entire character. With Icon unlocked, it seems to me that there should be some consistency in the pictures. On the one hand, the blue background looks good. On the other hand, it's probably time consuming to photoshop, and much easier to grab pictures with Icon and just crop them. Felderburg 14:28, 27 June 2013 (UTC)