Talk:Cathedral of Pain Trial
SG trial questions
o.o something thats been bugging me.. its an SG trial right? how do they limit it to the three teams? is it mearly the first 24 ppl in attend.. do you have to be in teams before you start the trial? or can anyone join in at any time, just so long as you don't go over 24? I've wanted to test it, but I can never get enough ppl on testserver to give it a go.. I'm really hoping it lets ppl enter and leave at will instead of being locked out like tfs since everyone one is already in the SG..
that.. and anyone know if there are any floaty eyeballs for the under 40s crowd to get that badge? --Sleepy Kitty 08:23, 27 September 2006 (PDT)
Yes. My MM got a progress bar last night and has never seen an Overseer before. - Catwhoorg
- I haven't tried the Trial myself, but attempted at gathering some info from various people. It looks like the Trial might be limited to 20 people instead of 24 as previously stated by Cricket. I'm sure we will find out a lot more answers to your questions now that CoP is live. - Snorii 10:38, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
o.o okay, got some info! its 1-20 (24?) ppl, anyone in the sg can swap in and out of the teams at any time. Anyone can be invited into the SG during the trial, so you could be loosing to the AV, and swap chars to an alt that is in a different sg, have them join, then bring them in. There are eyeballs in the Trial, so the badge should be gettable. There doesn't seem to be a lvl cap, so even a lvl 1 can probably attent (no listed or mentioned one, we haven't tested the lvl 1 yet, maybe if we're feeling silly we'll field 3 teams of lvl 1s to see). There are at least 2 SG Badges for the trial, both are PvP weapons emplacements. The guess so far is that the AV room has a mob respawning every 45 seconds, I haven't been able to conferm this yet though, it was just a guess from a couple ppl I was talking with while they where in the trial. --Sleepy Kitty 13:39, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
We took someone as low as level 11 in last night. The first rounds did have a 'floor' at 20, that seems to have gone. The mob respawn in side is close to 60 seconds, but operates on a specific tick type system (like the BB turrets) - Catwhoorg
bit more... the three obelisks that block the entry to the AV room respawn after 2 min of the first being destroyed. The AV, Aspect of Rularuu, has a Personal Force Field (ppl are slanging it as PFF) that has 3 targets that also need to be destroyed and respawn often, so you'll be swapping between trying to kill him and trying to be able to kill him.
o.o I was wondering.. there are at least 17 different IoP.. (1 unique to each server), has anyone though to start a thread on the Forums requesting info on each one? If not, with everyone's blessing, I wouldn't mind doing so. --Sleepy Kitty 16:49, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
By all means, I sent a few pm's to FrigginTaser trying to get some screenshots, but unforunately, nothing materialized. - Snorii 19:13, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
- o.o kk, just a couple more ppl agreeing and I'll start it. BTW, I don't know if its a bug or not, but the badge isn't being awarded for the CoP... I've talked to several ppl who have won, and no one seems to be getting it.. --Sleepy Kitty 19:48, 9 October 2006 (PDT)
o.o and now! a clue!! a msg from Cricket about the badge: [From: Cricket Hey there,
I don't know of a badge for the CoP for just completing it one time...but there is a badge you can get for CoP. It will probably take some time before it starts showing up for SGs once the CoP is active again.
I don't want to give away how the badge is earned. But there is one that I know of ^_^ ] >.> worrysome, isn't it? --Sleepy Kitty 21:14, 13 October 2006 (PDT)
dates it was up
I would be very pleased if someone had the dates COP went up and went back down, and could add them to this article.
date info and wiki practice question
1. I added dates as best I could determine them from this thread, but still don't have an exact release date.
2. Is it correct to delete my earlier, now outdated comment on this talk page? or is the standard more "preserve a history of the discussion"?
- grabs Colonel Jasmine's hand and tries to force him to sign his comments* o.o usually, we leave them there so that ppl can read them in case they wanted to leave the same comment or ask the same question. You'd be surprised what we have on some talk pages, I think one even has the old pre-i8 plan to overthrow statesman and take over his public office.--Sleepy Kitty 07:21, 1 May 2007 (PDT)
i 18 updates
Is anyone preparing the updates to this page to coincide with the Cathedral returning with Going rogue? I can do that if no one else has already started using the information that has been posted already on the forums. - Ransim 18:51, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
- I doubt anyone else is compiling some big super article to put here before you do, so go nuts. --GuyPerfect 19:14, 11 August 2010 (UTC)
Trial completed - updates needed
I am relatively new to editing wiki, so I am hoping that some of you veterans will help me out a bit (i.e. do the work for me).
I (finally) completed the trial last night, and I have a few points that I thought I would add to the wiki page to help others. Firstly, there is the matter of the badges. The Power Liberator/Master Thief badge is awarded, as well as the Pain Killer badge, presumably if you choose the temp power reward instead of full merits. The temp power awarded varies, but all are "permanent" buff types lasting 7 days real time. Secondly, there is the matter of posting a tactic for the trial. I won't waste my breath if someone is already working on this? —Preceding unsigned comment added by Rasmus (talk • contribs) 10:10, 6 September 2010
Items of Power
This article and Items of Power both state that when I18 brought back the CoP Trial, it returned without Items of Power as a possible reward. However, I notice that Guy recently added text to the article stating that an Item of Power may now be selected as a reward option. So the article current contradicts itself. Were the Items of Power returned? -- Sekoia 18:04, 9 February 2011 (UTC)
- The confusion is that it's not the same Item of Power. The Old Item of Power sat your in your Base giving all the members a buff. The New Items of Power are a personal buff and have nothing to do with bases. We really need to get what the New Temporary Power Items of Power do and disambiguate it from the Old Items of Power. Zombie Man 06:38, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
Incorrect level range?
I have been hearing over the past week or so that the Mission Computer is telling players that "You need to be at least level 35 before you can enter the portal to the Cathedral of Pain." despite the wiki stating you can be as low as level 10. I can't confirm this myself, but the level range on the wiki should be changed if someone can confirm what I've been hearing. StormSurvivor 22:54, 5 July 2011 (UTC)
- After getting more complaints from Unionites, I asked for confirmation from a few people, and they assured me the wiki was incorrect. Changed for now. Feel free to change back if we're mistaken. StormSurvivor 18:36, 8 July 2011 (UTC)