Lambda Sector Trial
|The Lambda Sector Trial|
|Team Size||8-16 players|
Imperial Defense Force|
The Lambda Sector Trial is one of the two Incarnate Trials released with Issue 20. It was one of the first instances of gameplay that was designed for Leagues. A maximum of 16 players can raid the Lambda Sector. The trial is accessed and entered entirely through the Team-Up Teleporter.
All Incarnate Components other than Alpha Slot requirements will drop during this trial, and Physical Incarnate Experience is gained towards unlocking the Alpha, Interface and Destiny Incarnate Slots.
During the trial, a voice will "radio in" information about your progress. While there is no specific contact named, it is probable that your unseen helper is Prometheus. He was added to Ouroboros in Issue 20 to recruit Incarnates to wage a war against Emperor Cole and end Cole's quest to become more in-tune with the Well of the Furies.
The Lambda Sector Trial takes place on an instanced map and is broken into three phases.
- Clearing the streets or courtyard of at least 60 IDF troops that guard the door.
- Defeating the security guard that guards the elevators and then smashing as many of the Weapon Caches and Containment Chambers as possible before Praetor White arrives.
- Defeating Marauder
|Lambda Leader||Complete the Lambda Sector Trial|
|Synchronized||Destroy a Weapons Cache and a Containment Chamber within 2 seconds of each other during the Lambda Sector Incarnate Trial.|
|Lambda Looter||Complete the Lambda Sector Trial having acquired 10 Pacification Grenades and 10 Molecular Acids during the second phase, but using none of them.|
|Antacid||Complete the Lambda Sector Trial having acquired 10 Molecular Acids and 0 Pacification Grenades during the second phase, but using none of them.|
|Well-Stocked||Complete the Lambda Sector Trial having acquired 10 Pacification Grenades and 0 Molecular Acids during the second phase, but using none of them.|
|Master of Lambda Sector||Earn the Synchronized, Well-Stocked, Antacid, and Lambda Looter badges.|
- Physical Incarnate Experience is earned, which unlocks the Alpha, Interface, and Destiny Slots, if any of those slots are locked.
- Incarnate Threads drop instead of Incarnate Shards.
- Upon successful completion of this trial, each character is presented with a reward table allowing them to choose one reward from several options. There is a participation threshold that must be met in order to receive an Incarnate Component table instead of a 10 Threads or one Super-level inspiration "consolation prize".
- If a character surpasses this threshold, the rarity of the component reward is a random roll. The options available will either be a choice of: one Common component or two Super-level inspirations, one Uncommon component or three Super-level inspirations, one Rare component or four Super-level inspirations, or one Very Rare component or five Super-level inspirations.
- A random Uncommon Incarnate Component is awarded the first time each achievement badge is qualified for.
- A random Rare Incarnate Component is awarded the first time the Master of the Lambda Sector badge is qualified for.
- One Empyrean Merit will be awarded upon successful completion of the Trial once per 20 hour period.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately for destroying all 10 Weapon Caches inside the facility, before the timer expires during the second part of phase 2.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately for destroying all 10 Containment Chambers inside the facility, before the timer expires during the second part of phase 2.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately for defeating the optional 30 reinforcements before the end of phase 3, the defeat of Marauder.
- An Astral Merit will be awarded immediately for defeating Marauder.
- An additional Astral Merit can be rewarded at the end of the trial for running as an Open League.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Synchronized badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded immediately upon qualification, one time per trial.
- An additional Astral Merit can be earned if the requirements for the Lambda Looter badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
- Two additional Astral Merits can be earned if the requirements for the Antacid badge OR the Well-Stocked badge are fulfilled, even if you already have the badge. It is awarded at the end of the trial.
The patch on 2011-05-24 changed the trial's rewards. Prior to this patch, there was an additional Astral Merit award for collecting all 20 items inside the facility and there was no reward or counter for the defeat of reinforcements in the final stage. There was also no additional Astral Merit for defeating Marauder. It increased the reward for fulfilling the requirements of the Antacid and Well-Stocked badges from one Astral Merit to two Astral Merits. These changes were made "In an effort to ensure that Lambda Sector's merits are more widely available regardless of whether the league is attempting badges or not".