Adamastor is a Giant Monster who has joined the Banished Pantheon. It can be summoned in Sharkhead near Potters Field or Talos Island near the closed gate to Dark Astoria with a temporary power granted by crafting the Ritual of Summoning: Adamastor recipe. After 20 minutes, if it has not been defeated, it will retreat (despawn). After it retreats, it cannot be resummoned for 60 minutes.
If defeated, the summoned version of Adamastor will award 10 Reward Merits and 5 incarnate threads with a 20 hour cooldown period. Additional defeats during the cooldown period will give 2 Reward Merits.
For centuries, Adamastor caused havoc and destruction to sailors off the coast of Africa. According to legend, he attacked the sea goddess Thetis and was banished from the oceans forever. Miserable and bereft, Adamastor wandered the Dark Continent seeking mortal prey - until the Banished Pantheon found a use for him in Paragon City.
- Defeating Adamastor will award the Keeper of Secrets Badge.
| Keeper of Secrets|
You have defeated the demon, Adamastor, brought forth by the Banished Pantheon to destroy the world.
- Prior to Issue 22, Adamastor spawned regularly in Dark Astoria's Moth Cemetery neighborhood and only awarded 2 reward merits.
- Prior to Issue 22, Adamastor could be a hidden spawn.
- Prior to the May 31, 2012 patch, the version of Adamastor encountered in the Portal Corp. missions did not award the Keeper of Secrets badge.
- Adamastor's Banished Pantheon profile for a list of its powers